HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Paperless faxing - prices dropping? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=191133)

Loony April 1st 12 06:39 PM

Paperless faxing - prices dropping?

Hello Experts :-)

I have been looking for a paperless fax machine, to replace the garbage
like ImpactColor something or other.

The prices seem to be dropping quickly.

Here are recent links :

Free shipping New Arrival Vason mini usb digital fax FX1000 by EMS

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

Price:
US $106.00 / piece (1 - 5 pieces)

and

Paperless Portable USB 2.0 Digital Fax Machine
SKU: A18470000A

http://www.dinodirect.com/digital-fa...s.html?cur=EUR

with a price of Price: €46.09

Comments please :-)

TIA

Andy Burns[_3_] April 1st 12 06:45 PM

Loony wrote:

I have been looking for a paperless fax machine
Comments please :-)

A paperless fax machine? As in a fax modem?

Wolf K April 1st 12 06:45 PM

On 01/04/2012 1:39 PM, Loony wrote:
Hello Experts :-)

I have been looking for a paperless fax machine, to replace the garbage
like ImpactColor something or other.

[...]
Comments please :-)

TIA

Paperless fax machine? What's that? Isn't the whole point of faxing that
you get a piece of paper into your eager hands?

Anyhow, I use e-mail.

Wolf K.

Paul in Houston TX April 1st 12 06:48 PM

Loony wrote:
Hello Experts :-)

I have been looking for a paperless fax machine, to replace the garbage
like ImpactColor something or other.

The prices seem to be dropping quickly.
Here are recent links :
Free shipping New Arrival Vason mini usb digital fax FX1000 by EMS
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
Price: US $106.00 / piece (1 - 5 pieces)
and
Paperless Portable USB 2.0 Digital Fax Machine SKU: A18470000A
http://www.dinodirect.com/digital-fa...s.html?cur=EUR
with a price of Price: €46.09

Comments please :-)
TIA

Why not just use your computer instead?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...s-Fax-and-Scan
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...s-Fax-and-Scan

Paul April 1st 12 07:33 PM

Loony wrote:
Hello Experts :-)

I have been looking for a paperless fax machine, to replace the garbage
like ImpactColor something or other.

The prices seem to be dropping quickly.

Here are recent links :

Free shipping New Arrival Vason mini usb digital fax FX1000 by EMS

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

Price:
US $106.00 / piece (1 - 5 pieces)

and

Paperless Portable USB 2.0 Digital Fax Machine
SKU: A18470000A

http://www.dinodirect.com/digital-fa...s.html?cur=EUR

with a price of Price: €46.09

Comments please :-)

TIA

Direct ship from China, with absolutely no tech support!

Perfect for a guy like you, with money to waste...

Try again.

I don't buy unless there is:

1) Website with drivers, application software, *USER MANUAL*

2) Reviews from Newegg or Amazon or even Ebay for that matter. Someone
else has to buy one, before I will. And that person has to
demonstrate actual product knowledge (to avoid shill postings).

The thing is, hardware is useless without software. No matter how
pretty that box looks, it's a hood ornament without software. And
if the software sucks, you'll be screwed out of your $106.00 USD.

Paul

John McGaw April 1st 12 07:49 PM

On 4/1/2012 1:39 PM, Loony wrote:
Hello Experts :-)

I have been looking for a paperless fax machine, to replace the garbage
like ImpactColor something or other.

The prices seem to be dropping quickly.

snip...

Somebody still uses fax?

James Silverton[_2_] April 1st 12 07:59 PM

On 4/1/2012 2:49 PM, John McGaw wrote:
On 4/1/2012 1:39 PM, Loony wrote:
Hello Experts :-)

I have been looking for a paperless fax machine, to replace the garbage
like ImpactColor something or other.

The prices seem to be dropping quickly.

snip...

Somebody still uses fax?

What is a "paperless fax"; unless it might describe image file transmission?

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

Loony April 1st 12 08:05 PM

On 01/04/2012 19:33, Paul wrote:
Loony wrote:
[...]

Thank you Paul.

As usual you are always on the ball :-)

About a year ago I bought a Zoom modem with a CD and both came directly
from China via some other group outside China. It is working very well.

I know that there can be lots of rackets and we can't be too careful.

However my fax systems are a total pain in the rump and I hate having to
muck around with them every time I try to use them. I am looking for
something in the calibre of Symantec WinFax Pro. It was a dream to use.

The upper link:
http://www.dinodirect.com/digital-fa...s.html?cur=EUR

has a price of €46.09.

Thanks for your interest and Enjoy the holidays :-)

Robert Sudbury April 1st 12 08:09 PM

On 4/1/2012 1:39 PM, Loony wrote:
Hello Experts :-)

I have been looking for a paperless fax machine, to replace the garbage
like ImpactColor something or other.

The prices seem to be dropping quickly.

snip...

Somebody still uses fax?

What is a "paperless fax"; unless it might describe image file
transmission?

Thinking of efax.com for doing faxes through email.

--
[Robert]

James Silverton[_2_] April 1st 12 08:10 PM

On 4/1/2012 1:39 PM, Loony wrote:
Hello Experts :-)

I have been looking for a paperless fax machine, to replace the garbage
like ImpactColor something or other.

The prices seem to be dropping quickly.

snip...

Somebody still uses fax?

What is a "paperless fax"; unless it might describe image file
transmission?

May I add that my HP Scanjet, using the HP Solution Center software,
will scan a document and automatically send it as a file attached to an
e-mail. I suspect this must be as reliable as a fax.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.