HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   advise on a new printer (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=191587)

[email protected] June 9th 12 09:16 PM

advise on a new printer

buying a new printer for small invitation business - want a laser that prints high resolution and handles heavy cardstock for invitations including photos

can anyone help or recommend?

David H. Lipman June 9th 12 10:34 PM

advise on a new printer

buying a new printer for small invitation business - want a laser that
prints high
resolution and handles heavy cardstock for invitations including photos

can anyone help or recommend?

What's the volume of print jobs?

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

[email protected] June 10th 12 03:44 PM

advise on a new printer

On Saturday, June 9, 2012 5:34:47 PM UTC-4, David H. Lipman wrote:

buying a new printer for small invitation business - want a laser that
prints high
resolution and handles heavy cardstock for invitations including photos

can anyone help or recommend?

What's the volume of print jobs?

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

average - 1000 prints/month

[email protected] June 10th 12 03:48 PM

advise on a new printer

On Saturday, June 9, 2012 8:23:53 PM UTC-4, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

buying a new printer for small invitation business - want a laser that prints
high resolution and handles heavy cardstock for invitations including photos

can anyone help or recommend?

Outsource the actual manufacturing of the pieces to someone who has such
equipment and manufacturing processes in place.

It's not what you do for a living, it *is* what they do for a living.
No doubt you can negotiate a nice wholesale or B2B rate that makes
everyone happy.

If you're giving them good solid product to manufacture--that is, if the
can simply drop it on the system and print it without any hassle
whatsoever, and you happily accept the output because you created good
input material--they'll work with you all day long.

Yeah, that's the advise I get a lot - I guess I'll have to check into it - just want to keep prices low for my customers and quick turnaround time.

David H. Lipman June 10th 12 04:56 PM

advise on a new printer

On Saturday, June 9, 2012 5:34:47 PM UTC-4, David H. Lipman wrote:

buying a new printer for small invitation business - want a laser that
prints high
resolution and handles heavy cardstock for invitations including photos

can anyone help or recommend?

What's the volume of print jobs?

average - 1000 prints/month

The HP Colour LaserJet series; CP3525 & CP4025 can handle up to 110 lb card
stock.