HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   mother board size: compaq deskpro 5133 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=58231)

Patrick Cairpre October 28th 03 02:30 PM

mother board size: compaq deskpro 5133

I'd like to replace the motherboard on a compaq deskpro 5133.
Can anyone tellme what size motherboard this is?
Thanks

HH October 28th 03 03:39 PM

Back in the Pentium days, most Compaq motherboards were proprietary.
HH

m...

Bert November 10th 03 01:00 AM

"HH" wrote in message
Back in the Pentium days, most Compaq motherboards were proprietary.

I have used a standard ATX in a Presario that predates PIII. You need to
check the I/O panel and the mounting screw holes and if everything lines up,
you must be certain that the new MB has the processor in a place that the
fan won't be in the way of the Power Supply. That was the only
consideration that I found.