HardwareBanter

-   Intel (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   DH57dd/core i3 slow boot, slow wake up (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=191491)

cew May 19th 12 12:45 AM

DH57dd/core i3 slow boot, slow wake up

I have a DH57dd, core i3 system running Wxp. It has 4GB RAM and a 1TB disk that is more than 95%
empty. It takes at least 50% longer to boot and to wake from S3 standby than my old 865PERL, P4
2.8GHz system running the same OS. The old one has 2GB Ram and a 500GB disk that is 90% empty.

Is this slowness to be expected for some reason? Any way to speed it up?
Thanks.

Yousuf Khan[_2_] May 19th 12 03:09 PM

On 18/05/2012 7:45 PM, cew wrote:
I have a DH57dd, core i3 system running Wxp. It has 4GB RAM and a 1TB
disk that is more than 95% empty. It takes at least 50% longer to boot
and to wake from S3 standby than my old 865PERL, P4 2.8GHz system
running the same OS. The old one has 2GB Ram and a 500GB disk that is
90% empty.

Is this slowness to be expected for some reason? Any way to speed it up?
Thanks.

Did you install the Windows XP from scratch on the new machine, or did
you copy it over from the old machine? In either case, run the BootVis
program to speed up its boot times.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...rmance/5034622

Yousuf Khan

cew May 20th 12 12:52 AM

On 5/19/2012 7:09 AM, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 18/05/2012 7:45 PM, cew wrote:
I have a DH57dd, core i3 system running Wxp. It has 4GB RAM and a 1TB
disk that is more than 95% empty. It takes at least 50% longer to boot
and to wake from S3 standby than my old 865PERL, P4 2.8GHz system
running the same OS. The old one has 2GB Ram and a 500GB disk that is
90% empty.

Is this slowness to be expected for some reason? Any way to speed it up?
Thanks.

Did you install the Windows XP from scratch on the new machine, or did you copy it over from the old
machine? In either case, run the BootVis program to speed up its boot times.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...rmance/5034622

Yousuf Khan

New install from install disk, plus SP3. Thanks for the link!