HardwareBanter

-   -   Which DP to DVI connector works on a Quadro 5000? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=188066)

P. Langholm[_2_] March 21st 11 05:23 PM

Which DP to DVI connector works on a Quadro 5000?

I would greatly appreciate some help in finding out if my Quadro 5000,
which I recently bought, is perhaps not defect.
All functionality is apparently ok. My only problem is that I do not
manage to install a second monitor.
I use as a first monitor the Zalman monitor ZM-M220W. When I plug it
into the DVI-DL port everything works perfectly.
I have an old (but still fully functional) 15” CRT analog monitor.
Again, when I plug it into the DVI-DL port with a classic DVI-analog
adapter, it works perfectly as well.
However, I can get neither of the two monitors to function on ond of
the DisplayPorts. I was using a passive adapter with a DVI-D output.
No monitor is recognized in the DisplayPorts when connected with this
cable. If EDID is being exported from the DVI port and imported again
when that monitor is moved to a DisplayPort, then the driver seems to
accept it but the status stays red and there is no visible output.
I wonder if I'm using the right adapter. Or is my Quadro5000 defect...
Please! I’d love to give this card to my son as a birthday present
unless if it’s faulty… many many thanks for advice!
My OS is Win7 64bit. nVidia driver is dated 17th Feb 2011.