HardwareBanter

-   Packard Bell Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Please Help! In search of a Packard Bell Master CD# 170210 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=187494)

Snobrdr000 January 19th 11 09:24 AM

Please Help! In search of a Packard Bell Master CD# 170210

Hello all,

It seems that related posts from others in search of this CD have come
up here a handful of times over the years. I'm trying to restore my
vintage Packard Bell machine (PB Pro 65CD Supreme) to it's former
glory but am missing the original Master Restore CD ...#170210. I
still have the original 3.5" floppy to boot the restore from, but lost
the Master CD many years ago and didn't consider that I would ever
need it again ...I obviously underestimated the sentimental attachment
I had to this machine. Any help (copy or original for sale?) would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards

philo[_4_] January 21st 11 01:19 AM

On 01/19/2011 02:24 AM, Snobrdr000 wrote:
Hello all,

It seems that related posts from others in search of this CD have come
up here a handful of times over the years. I'm trying to restore my
vintage Packard Bell machine (PB Pro 65CD Supreme) to it's former
glory but am missing the original Master Restore CD ...#170210. I
still have the original 3.5" floppy to boot the restore from, but lost
the Master CD many years ago and didn't consider that I would ever
need it again ...I obviously underestimated the sentimental attachment
I had to this machine. Any help (copy or original for sale?) would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards

unless you specifically want the Packard Bell Navigator

most any Windows cd will do

Snobrdr000 January 21st 11 07:47 AM

On Jan 20, 4:19*pm, philo wrote:
On 01/19/2011 02:24 AM, Snobrdr000 wrote:

Hello all,

It seems that related posts from others in search of this CD have come
up here a handful of times over the years. *I'm trying to restore my
vintage Packard Bell machine (PB Pro 65CD Supreme) to it's former
glory but am missing the original Master Restore CD ...#170210. *I
still have the original 3.5" floppy to boot the restore from, but lost
the Master CD many years ago and didn't consider that I would ever
need it again ...I obviously underestimated the sentimental attachment
I had to this machine. *Any help (copy or original for sale?) would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards

unless you specifically want the Packard Bell Navigator

most any Windows cd will do

That's just the thing, I still have some Windows 3.1 floppy disks but
what I'm really after is PB Navigator and all the other 'stuff' that
originally came pre-installed.

philo[_4_] January 21st 11 09:47 PM

On 01/21/2011 12:47 AM, Snobrdr000 wrote:
On Jan 20, 4:19 pm, wrote:
[...]

The only place I saw to download it was from Pirate Bay

Robert E. Watts January 23rd 11 10:00 PM

Please Help! In search of a Packard Bell Master CD# 170210

Hello

I have flipped through all of my Packard Bell Master Restore CD's, ( almost
70 of them ), and didn't find that number.

What CPU do you have ? Is this an old 486, or Pentium ?

bobwatts
EartH

[email protected] January 24th 11 11:57 AM

On Jan 19, 8:24*am, Snobrdr000 wrote:
Hello all,

It seems that related posts from others in search of this CD have come
up here a handful of times over the years. *I'm trying to restore my
vintage Packard Bell machine (PB Pro 65CD Supreme) to it's former
glory but am missing the original Master Restore CD ...#170210. *I
still have the original 3.5" floppy to boot the restore from, but lost
the Master CD many years ago and didn't consider that I would ever
need it again ...I obviously underestimated the sentimental attachment
I had to this machine. *Any help (copy or original for sale?) would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards

hi
i still have my packard bell executive 907d P75 corner unit all
original
with all original software installed win95 plus original cd's for the
record
have all software cd's as well that were supplied + Cd's Listed
just incase anyone is looking for a copy
i am replying and puting the info here as it will save me digging them
out
again still runs ok which reminds me must get a new bios battery
hope this info is of use to someone out their not used it much for a
while

1x ver1 european /french- english recovery cd pt no 675920300
1x ver2 " " " recovery cd pt no
676750201
1x Miro Connect 34 Sound Card/Modem Drivers cd Ver 3.08
1x " " " Office Suite + Drivers cd Ver
2.22

metronid January 25th 11 02:22 AM

On Jan 24, 5:57*am, wrote:
[...]

I used to have a copy of all the CD's
I threw most away do to a drastic change in health.
I lost use of fine motor skills in my hands due to an accident
I do have a copy of 170210 or somehing damm close as all the cd in
this series
for win311 are basically identical.
The 170210 had 3 revisions
I can send you a copy
I am 99.99% sure it is the 170210
The CD year is 1994 and is from a legend 10cd
Just a copy as the opriginal sw is gone

metronid January 25th 11 02:36 AM

On Jan 24, 8:22*pm, metronid wrote:
On Jan 24, 5:57*am, wrote:

[...]

Just a copy as the opriginal sw is gone- Hide quoted text -

Just one added thing.
When I was writing software earlier for PB restore disk
modifications,I also wrote a bios for
the 450MB that sees a 2 gig HD and identifies the manufacturer .
I am not a software writer by nature I just taught myself to some
degree.
I hijack and change existing things and add some new things to it.
It is actually the OEM bios that I modded myself before all the
modders now who post and say nothing
and take 20 or 30 pages to do so.

metronid January 25th 11 03:40 PM

On Jan 24, 5:57*am, wrote:

[...]

and take 20 or 30 pages to do so.- Hide quoted text -

Hold off for a moment my cd is scratched

Will Folden January 28th 11 05:54 AM

On Jan 24, 5:57*am, wrote:

[...]

My apologies to everybody that has taken the time to respond here; I
had to take a couple of days off ...your efforts are greatly
appreciated. Looks like this project is on hold for the moment. If
anybody is still able to produce a copy of this CD (170210 ...any
relevant revision) I would happily compensate for their time and
resources.

....metronid, sorry to hear about your health. Hope all is well.

Regards,