HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What are important things to keep very valuable data secure? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=158814)

32andtwentyseven October 18th 07 09:50 PM

What are important things to keep very valuable data secure?

Perhaps somewhat off topic. But lets say you have a business and you
want to keep information "blueprints" totally secure. Aside from
having the vital data off-line and using encrypted pen drives, what
other things should you be doing?

Ed Cregger[_3_] October 18th 07 10:22 PM

What are important things to keep very valuable data secure?

"32andtwentyseven" wrote in
message
ups.com...
Perhaps somewhat off topic. But lets say you have a
business and you
want to keep information "blueprints" totally secure.
Aside from
having the vital data off-line and using encrypted pen
drives, what
other things should you be doing?

I would burn data DVD's and store them in a bank vault
periodically. In fact, I am about to begin doing just that
for the wife's business.

Her business revolves around selling graphics patterns and
manuscripts. Later, once more economically viable, we will
contact a professional service to secure our intellectual
property. For now, the data DVD's will do just fine, in
spite of the labor involved.

Ed Cregger