HardwareBanter

-   Dell Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   CD/DVD +R drive stopped working - Help! (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=129163)

[email protected] June 16th 06 05:20 PM

CD/DVD +R drive stopped working - Help!

All of a sudden my CD/DVD +R drive won't work. When I try to read a
previously created disk I cannot. I hear the drive spinning but nothing
happens.

When I try to write to a new disk it ejects the disk and tells me to
put in a compatible disk. I'm using the same disks I've been using for
months. I also cannot read a previously created disk.

Could it be the driver has been corrupted? If so, how can I recreate
the driver?

My drive is a NEC DVD+RW ND-3530A

I'm trying to back up my system and I really need this to work.

thanks

jeff47000 July 15th 06 09:47 AM

CD/DVD +R drive stopped working - Help!

that happened to my 3000 dimension and dell had to replace the
cd/dvd/drive . I still had a warranty . all of the self tests did not
work