HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking AMD Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Replying to SPAM in the group and AMD's FSB (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=14057)

J. Codling March 30th 04 06:56 AM

Replying to SPAM in the group and AMD's FSB

Why do people reply to SPAM in the group? Most of us do not
even see it in the first place until some idiot who thinks
he is an anti-spam crusader replies to it to say they were
report for abuse and/or some comment on how they are not
that stupid.

So, the next time you feel the urge to reply to a spam
message in a newsgroup, just think about the majority of the
people that don't even see it ever and ignore it!

This has been bugging me for a while. Now look what you made
me do... waste a post and everything.

While I'm on a rant... ;)

For AMD Athlon processors the friggin' Front Side Bus only
goes from 100 MHz to 200 MHz (100,133,166,200) NOT 200 MHz
to 400 MHz! It is easier to teach a newbie the right way
than to correct the wrong way later.

Fhew... I feel better now...
--
ttyl,

CiRcUiT -=- J. Codling -=- www.jcodling.com

*This message represents the official opinions of the voices
in my head*

rstlne March 30th 04 11:30 AM

For AMD Athlon processors the friggin' Front Side Bus only
goes from 100 MHz to 200 MHz (100,133,166,200) NOT 200 MHz
to 400 MHz! It is easier to teach a newbie the right way
than to correct the wrong way later.

Fhew... I feel better now...

They actually go from 50 to 200 (supported)
and slightly more extreme on both ends..
But yes
Amd AND intel chips are all currently markted in the QDR or DDR values and
that's what users see/hear

FeMaster March 30th 04 01:56 PM

"J. Codling" jcodling~AT~jcodling~DOT~com wrote in message
Why do people reply to SPAM in the group? Most of us do not
even see it in the first place until some idiot who thinks
he is an anti-spam crusader replies to it to say they were
report for abuse and/or some comment on how they are not
that stupid.

So, the next time you feel the urge to reply to a spam
message in a newsgroup, just think about the majority of the
people that don't even see it ever and ignore it!

Agreed! My news provider does an excellent job of getting rid of the SPAM
and other B.S. that floods these groups. The _ONLY_ time I ever see
anything even remotely close to a SPAM posting is, like you said, when some
idiot gets the urge to make his (or her) balls big and replies to it...

So, KNOCK IT OFF! Duh...