HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Presario 1700 (17XL365) upgrade (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=85002)

[email protected] March 21st 05 04:23 PM

Presario 1700 (17XL365) upgrade

I asked about upgrading my laptop from ME awhile back. When I bought
the laptop it had ME installed on it. It also has the hotswapping
floppy drive/CD-DVD drive. ME stinks and I wanted to go to XP.
Following some good advice, I bought a new harddrive and XP Pro. I
replaced the hard drive, booted from the XP Pro CD, installed XP, and
installed everything else I wanted (Office XP, Visual Studio 6, Visual
Studio .net, etc). This all has gone well.
Now, my question.... In my original configuration, the laptop had the
hotswapping icon in the system tray (the circular blue arrows). This
allowed me to hotswap the floppy drive with the CD drive. Can I somehow
get this utility (and perhaps other pre-installed compaq utilities)
back, and install then onto my new harddrive ? If it will helps, I
pulled out the original hard drive, and still have it, and before I did
any of this, I saved all the original drivers (on a CD) using a program
call MyDrivers.

Thanks,
Mike