HardwareBanter

-   General Hardware (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   "Serious" Graphic Device Error (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=71582)

Dave October 15th 04 09:06 PM

"Serious" Graphic Device Error

I recently began receiving the following error message:
Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers, put in a new XFX Nvidia FX5200
256mb AGP card (old one was also a FX5200 card), downloaded the latest
nVidia drivers, searched Micorsoft Knowledge base and tried their
suggestions, set hardware acceleration to "none", and unchecked "enable
write combining".
I don't know what else to try and would appreciate suggestions from the
resident newsgroup guru's.

Confused and Frustrated,
Dave