HardwareBanter

-   Ati Videocards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   ATI showing anything at CES? Also, PCI or PCI-E? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=142946)

Shredder January 5th 07 02:16 PM

ATI showing anything at CES? Also, PCI or PCI-E?

first off,

I don't know if I should get a Dvico PCI-E HDTV card, or keep the
regular PCI card that I have now. The PCI-E is a X1 card, so would I
see an improvement in performance if I moved over to the X1 card? I am
using this untill ATI comes out with a WORKING (read as error free and
install free as possible) HDTV card other than the Wonder and the 650.
I need that built in radio functionality :). But for now, this will
do.

Second,

I hate how companies are so secretive about their release schedule,
because as a computer builder, it makes it tough to figure out what to
get. I just found out the AIW line is discontinued, which is sad
because i love having freed up slots and have been using the brand
since 1996....

does anyone know if ATI will unveil a working HDMI card, or even an
HDTV HDMI card at CES? There is one such HDMI tuner card on the
market, but it's about $250's and I was hoping ATI would be coming out
with something soon...

Thanks!