HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Compaq Desk PRO SD 1000 Video Card (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=59446)

Old Gringo December 16th 04 03:41 AM

Compaq Desk PRO SD 1000 Video Card

Keith wrote:
I am currently setting up a Compaq deskpro 1000 for a non-profit and
the video card that is installed is displayed as a PCI VGA card by
windows hardware set up, however it has s-video and a TV-out
connector. Does anyone know what type of video card is installed in
the Compaq deskpro 10000? A search at Compaq showed no video drivers
for the PC.
Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
the case up.

TNX.

Look around he
http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport...&findct=&iqry=

--
Old Gringo George
Just West Of Nowhere

Toolman Tim December 16th 04 03:50 AM

"Keith" wrote in message
|I am currently setting up a Compaq deskpro 1000 for a non-profit and
| the video card that is installed is displayed as a PCI VGA card by
| windows hardware set up, however it has s-video and a TV-out
| connector. Does anyone know what type of video card is installed in
| the Compaq deskpro 10000? A search at Compaq showed no video drivers
| for the PC.
| Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
| video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
| the case up.

Download and install one of the following:
Belarc Advisor or Everest

http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en

They should be able to identify your card, and then you can get drivers from
someplace like www.driverguide.com

Plato December 16th 04 06:33 AM

Keith wrote:

Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
the case up.

http://www.hwinfo.com/html/download.html
Ive used above for same on occasion and it got the video card and/or
chiset right so I could find the drivers.