HardwareBanter

-   UK Computer Vendors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   DABS "Warranty Repaired" B-Grade return. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=178824)

js.b1 July 1st 09 06:51 PM

DABS "Warranty Repaired" B-Grade return.

Pre Purchase.
- I enquired as to whether a "used" item may be returned in the 7-day
period under ticket #8744-137044426-6115, citing the specific item
link (laptop).
- Dabs to quote "anything you purchase from us can be returned within
7 working days".

So fair enough, I purchased, arrived today, but "Warranty Repaired" it
is not.

Receipt.
- Booting from cold, desktop colours & text appear normal
- A flicker was noticed within a few minutes (not set to auto-dim)
- Some minutes later the laptop jumped to a sudden "whiteout"

Plugging an external monitor into the laptop showed NO such whiteout.
Thinkpad Vantage exhibited the same "whiteout".

Rebooting showed a normal display at first, but then jumped to
"whiteout".
The whiteout is not correctable.

Telephoned Lenovo.
- "Either LCD &/or planar have failed"
- "That a supposed warranty repair has been effected & failed is a
concern"
- "We recommend you return it for a refund"

For a photo of this rather bizarre failure for an Intel GMA:
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/8408/r61ifail.jpg

That was the first whiteout, after a few more minutes it was total.

Problem.
Dabs website "r" button will not accept a DSR return on this item
because "Customer Too Late for DSD", which is in direct conflict of
the pre-sales communication so I am not happy.

I am awaiting a customer services response, anyone any experience?

Steve July 12th 09 09:04 AM

DABS "Warranty Repaired" B-Grade return.

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 10:51:05 -0700 (PDT), "js.b1"
wrote:

Problem.
Dabs website "r" button will not accept a DSR return on this item
because "Customer Too Late for DSD", which is in direct conflict of
the pre-sales communication so I am not happy.

I am awaiting a customer services response, anyone any experience?

Do not return it under DSR return it under sale of goods act:

1. it is faulty,
2. you are rejecting the goods
3. you require a refund.

Rob Morley July 12th 09 12:56 PM

DABS "Warranty Repaired" B-Grade return.

wrote:

Problem.
Dabs website "r" button will not accept a DSR return on this item
because "Customer Too Late for DSD", which is in direct conflict of
the pre-sales communication so I am not happy.

I am awaiting a customer services response, anyone any experience?

Do not return it under DSR return it under sale of goods act:

1. it is faulty,
2. you are rejecting the goods
3. you require a refund.

Agreed. Even if the system did let you DSR it you'd end up paying
for P&P, which you don't want to do when it's their cock-up.