HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Compaq presario 5220 help! (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=98673)

djdon May 31st 05 01:32 AM

Compaq presario 5220 help!

Hey guys can you please help me, I got a spare 5220 that i want to use
for light usage and im lost about the power supply plugs into the
motherboard. I do not know the order and I know that if I dont plug
them in right it would shorten. Please tell me the order. The numbers
behind the ones that go into the motherboard is P1, P2, P3

djdon May 31st 05 02:32 AM

Anyone? or does it not matter how you plug it in? im guessing it is in
order... i guess i will try luck :cry:

Ben Myers May 31st 05 03:41 AM

Patience! You want to blow the thing up! The 5220 apparently uses a variation
of the old AT-style power connectors. P1 and P2 are connected side-by-side,
with the black wires on both connectors nearest to one another. P3 goes to the
3rd similar connector.

.... Ben Myers