HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Raising speed on Compaq Presario 100P (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=9844)

Alceryes November 5th 03 01:24 PM

Any clues ?
CAM

I think if you correct your computer clock it will start to work at
750Mhz...
--

"I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!"
- Alceryes

"Craig" wrote in message
u...
Greetings

I have a Compaq Presario 100p. The motherboard in these machines is a
KBI-6130 by FIC Inc. which the motherboard manual states can be hardware
switched to a frequency of 750mhz but following the directions in the

manual
for setting the switches mine won't go over 500Mhz no matter what I do.

Any clues ?
CAM

dr_hardware November 5th 03 03:59 PM

"Craig" wrote in message
u...
Greetings

I have a Compaq Presario 100p. The motherboard in these machines is a
KBI-6130 by FIC Inc. which the motherboard manual states can be hardware
switched to a frequency of 750mhz but following the directions in the

manual
for setting the switches mine won't go over 500Mhz no matter what I do.

Any clues ?
CAM

Set your time/date...your posting from the future!

dr_hardware November 5th 03 04:16 PM

"Craig" wrote in message
u...
Greetings

I have a Compaq Presario 100p. The motherboard in these machines is a
KBI-6130 by FIC Inc. which the motherboard manual states can be hardware
switched to a frequency of 750mhz but following the directions in the

manual
for setting the switches mine won't go over 500Mhz no matter what I do.

Any clues ?
CAM

The CPU is probably multiplier locked, so trying to change the muliplier
won't make any difference.