HardwareBanter

-   Cdr (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Nero INCD sees all CDRW as having "errors" (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=24774)

res0r89p November 18th 03 11:37 PM

Nero INCD sees all CDRW as having "errors"

Hi,
I bought Nero 6 OEM and am trying INCD without success. I've tried several
brands of CDRW in my drive (HP 9900i, Win 2000, P 3, 733, 640 megs) but
after a few seconds of "formatting", INCD says that the disk has "errors". I
dual boot Win 2000 on this computer and the drive and CDRWs work fine with
Roxio 5.5 Platinum and Direct CD. Any ideas? Thanks.
Peter Cowie

smh November 18th 03 11:51 PM

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have examples of misquotes! )

res0r89p wrote:

I bought Nero 6 OEM and am trying INCD without success. I've tried several
brands of CDRW in my drive (HP 9900i, Win 2000, P 3, 733, 640 megs) but
after a few seconds of "formatting", INCD says that the disk has "errors". I
dual boot Win 2000 on this computer and the drive and CDRWs work fine with
Roxio 5.5 Platinum and Direct CD. Any ideas? Thanks.
Peter Cowie

You need to purge all traces of DirectCD.

See KCK's InCD Troubleshoot Guide:
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9997

res0r89p November 19th 03 02:08 AM

Hi,
From all the issues related to INCd on the site you mentioned, I think I'll
avoid it and try the data cd writing (multisession) instead. I didn't
realize until just now that multisession writing was available in Nero
without INcd. I'll still use Roxio in my other 2000 boot for CDRW writing.
Thanks.
Peter Cowie
"smh" .............. ( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the

smh November 19th 03 02:46 AM

Just remember that DirectCD is rejected even by none other than a cRoxio
Shill:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: 8/19/02

I have used only DCD for packet writing,
have had no problems due to the software -
but too many due to the format itself

to bother with it any longer.

=====================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: 6/17/02

uninstalled DCD
when I stopped testing for Roxio
=====================

The above Mikey's statement is the first ever case in which a Shill is
rejecting the very product IT is shilling for.

With a Shill like this, cRoxio doesn't need any critics!

--------------------------
cRoxio, Eat Your Heart Out !!!
--------------------------

res0r89p wrote:

Hi,
From all the issues related to INCd on the site you mentioned, I think I'll

res0r89p November 19th 03 06:36 PM

Hi,
What would you recommend for multisession writing, then, Nero's Data cd
method or EZCdCreator(Roxio)? Do you think multisession/packet writing is
much less reliable than disc at once? Thanks.
Peter Cowie

smh November 19th 03 11:22 PM

res0r89p wrote:

What would you recommend for multisession writing, then, Nero's Data cd
method or EZCdCreator(Roxio)? Do you think multisession/packet writing is
much less reliable than disc at once? Thanks.

On TAO/DAO issue, multisession discs are recognized tad slower than DAO
discs. Other than that there's no reliability issue as burn is a burn.
(CD-R Faq touches on this topic.)

As for Nero or Easy CD Cremator:

===============================
From: (coaster)
Subject: EZCCCD 5 problems with multisession
Date: 2/27/01

EZCD 5 can't correctly import multisession tracks made by other
software (mode 1 or mode2 XA, Joliet file system).

This includes EZCD 3.5, EZCD 4.02e, and Prassi.

===============================
From: Tom
Subject: EZ CD Creator Platinum 5.3 won't remember or import
Date: 10/31/03 sessions

Since upgrading my EZ CD Creator Platinum from 5.1 to 5.3.5.10, the
program doesn't remember sessions. When I manually try to import a
session it says there is no session to import.
===============================

Tim Kroesen November 20th 03 06:12 AM

Please don't quote that psycho crap; most here have SMH killfiled and
only read his excrement when floated en quote. He uses unsuspecting new
posters to do exactly this and further spread his manure. DO a Google
on this idiot and you'll quickly understand the magnitude of his
psychosis for yourself.

As to your problem; media; the best quality *matched* to your RW drive
specs. If that doesn't work suspect a bad drive; formatting trouble
usually not s/w but h/w-media related. You of course are advised to
master data instead; EZ and Nero will both work fine; assuming we get
the media issue resolved...

Tim K

"res0r89p" wrote in message
Usual SMH crap snipped-

smh November 20th 03 06:32 AM

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
( Reduced to living off the trash? )
( ... my thanks to Tim ... )

Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Trash") wrote:

====================================
Timmy Kroesen's Calendar Backpedals!
====================================

Timmy Kroesen (the "Net-Kook") wrote:

Mike Richter (3/18/01):
2) Specific inconveniences and stupidities on a relatively minor level

The Joe Pyle report you continually quote was nearly a month AFTER this
statement; Mike was quite correct at the time;

Does your calendar backpedal, Timmy boy?

-----------------
From: Joe Pyles
Date: 3/1/01 === (3/1) comes nearly a month AFTER (3/18)
in Timmy's calendar!
-------------------
From: Mike Richter
Date: 3/18/01 === (3/18)

smh November 20th 03 06:33 AM

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
( Reduced to living off the trash? )
( ... my thanks to Tim ... )

Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Trash") wrote:

=======================================
Timmy Kroesen's Exquisite Sense of Time
=======================================

Timmy Kroesen (the "Net-Kook") wrote:

Did you enjoy the Federal 'interview' they said was coming;

Enjoyed something that is coming in the future, Timmy boy?

You always had exquisite sense of time:

------------------------------------

From: Joe Pyles
Date: 3/1/01 === (3/1) comes nearly a month AFTER (3/18)
in Timmy's calendar!
-------------------
From: Mike Richter
Date: 3/18/01 === (3/18)

smh November 20th 03 06:36 AM

Michael Timbel wrote:

Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Trash") wrote...

snip CRAP

Tim Kroesen- you have no f*ckn clue what you are talking about.
instead of posting your stupid silly utterly garbage here.
Otherwise I will tell your mum and daddy.

You are the Usenet waste...
Recycled now to the local waste water management.

LOL !!! LOL !!! LOL !!!

===========================
Timmy Kroesen - The Buffoon
===========================

Why is Timmy Kroesen the Buffoon?

Timmy cannot prove ANY of the following is a libel -- despite Mikey's
supposed to have examples of misquotes!

Who Is Mike Richter and
Why Are They Saying All These Horrible Things About Him?

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (wife beating)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (critical bugs)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (major bug)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda limit)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (dae)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no enhanced cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd/cdr-faq)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/cd-text)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/sao/tao)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/single-session)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iv)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/plextor)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(8a)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(9a)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (viii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ix)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (x)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (supplied cd)

What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (i)
What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (ii)

Mike Richter Wow! Wow! Wow!

Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (i)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (ii)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (iii)

Mike Richter & "Looooooooonng" Time for Nothing