HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Compaq Armada 1700 & docking station (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=1021)

Ron August 31st 03 03:57 PM

Compaq Armada 1700 & docking station

I reinstalled a Compaq Armada 1700 this weekend with Windows 98SE. No
problems, pretty straightforward, safe for some drivers I had to get from
the web. Th laptop works like a charm.

I did, however, run into problems when I hooked it up with the Compaq
Convenience Base (the types docking station). The machine works, but in the
"docked" configuration the system adds new hardware which are not recognised
by Windows. A search for drivers at Compaq/HP and with Google did not help
me at all.

Do any of you have any idea what to install? Th elaptop hads the latest
BIOS, and I use the Convenience Base without built -in ethernet. Two unknown
devides are detected.

Any help is appreciated.

Ron
--