HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   presario 4770 daughter card not working (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=114603)

HH December 14th 05 10:58 AM

presario 4770 daughter card not working

Both the 4700 and 4800 series Presarios had issues where the riser card was
difficult to seat properly. Pull the card out of the slot then reseat
FIRMLY. You will hear it SNAP into place.

HH

"Terry Richards" wrote in message
.. .
i recently acquired a Compaq Presario 4770 200MHz. First I could not enter
the BIOS setup by pressing F10 or anything else. I wanted the machine to
boot the floppy first but the floppy seems to be bad as disabling the hard
drive forces a different floppy drive to boot. After getting the new floppy
drive to load first, The daughter card ceased to function and the machine
would not boot. now that I got the floppy to load first by disabling the
hard drive I can not get the computer to boot with the riser card holding
the nics and modem installed. ???

/|\