HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Video Card w/ AV Out (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=1545)

Ryan P. Kennedy October 2nd 03 03:45 PM

Video Card w/ AV Out

Hello:

Does anyone know of a video card that has audio and video out? Most cards
seem to have the s-video, but I need the AV out.

Thanks and regards,

Ryan

MrToad October 2nd 03 04:01 PM

Ryan P. Kennedy wrote:

Hello:

Does anyone know of a video card that has audio and video out? Most cards
seem to have the s-video, but I need the AV out.

Thanks and regards,

Ryan

?
Why not use your sound card?

--
MrToad

Phrederik October 2nd 03 04:20 PM

"Ryan P. Kennedy" wrote in message
Hello:

Does anyone know of a video card that has audio and video out? Most cards
seem to have the s-video, but I need the AV out.

There is no such thing... Sound is handled by your soundcard.

The only video card I've seen that made sound was one with a TV tuner, and
the only sound it has was from the currently tuned TV channel.

NealUK October 16th 03 09:42 PM

You may want to try it like this.
I have a TV out card, which goes into the S-Video of the TV.
The sound output from the computer goes into a switch.
There are obviously 2 outputs from this switch, one goes to the PC speakers,
the other goes to the TVs audio in. Works wonders.

--
One by one the clowns ripped my car apart