HardwareBanter

-   Dell Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Battery / Charger question (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=63804)

Tom Simchak October 3rd 04 04:00 PM

Battery / Charger question

I have an Inspiron 5000. Recently (about 2.5 months ago) got a new
battery (from SimpleMicro). Two days ago, it failed...reads 0%
charging, but it never charges. I'd had no problems with the battery
before then, and the computer kept it charged...as best as I can tell.

How can you tell if the problem is with the battery or with the charging
circuit in the computer? For obvious reasons, I'd rather the problem
be with the battery as opposed to the computer.

TIA

Tom S.