HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Armada 7370DMT melt down? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=57778)

Spot Check Willy July 8th 03 04:31 PM

Armada 7370DMT melt down?

Greetings everyone. Today, I bring you a Compaq Armada 7370DMT with serious
woes. The machine was acting squirrelly for a while then it just stopped
booting altogether. The squirrelly part consisted of the screen not coming
on but with a wiggle or two it would come to life. After she completely
stopped responding I opened her up to find the rtc battery had leaked. I
thought 'Bully for me, I just need a new rtc battery', only, to no avail. I
received the new rtc battery and installed it but the machine still will not
boot. The hd spins but still no screen and the external monitor out doesn't
work either. My fear is that along with the rtc battery failing, the
motherboard checked out as well. If I could get to the bios I could restore
the default settings but I can't tell if it's even getting that far. I've
combed the Compaq ftp site looking for whitepapers or something, anything,
that could help troubleshoot this but it's like looking for a needle in a
haystack. Has anyone here had a similar experience or specific knowledge on
this issue? Thank you very much for your help.

Bill
--
Remove S to reply