HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Is VLC 3.0.3 for Windows 7? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=199132)

Mr. Man-wai Chang August 9th 18 06:11 PM

Is VLC 3.0.3 for Windows 7?

On 8/9/2018 5:42 AM, Ant wrote:
Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
On 8/6/2018 6:51 AM, wrote:
I am currently running 2.2.4 Weatherwax on a 64 bit Win 7 machine. Should (can I) upgrade to VLC
3.0.3?

Just try it! If you don't like it, you can always fall back to the old
one. Just keep a copy of the old version.

Ditto. He could aluse the portable versions.

VLC's installer and distributor are still very responsible. Just
download the installer package directly from **official** website. No
mess will be left behind under normal operation.

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不*錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):

Tim[_19_] August 9th 18 10:38 PM

Is VLC 3.0.3 for Windows 7?

"Mr. Man-wai Chang" wrote in
:

On 8/9/2018 5:42 AM, Ant wrote:
Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
On 8/6/2018 6:51 AM, wrote:
I am currently running 2.2.4 Weatherwax on a 64 bit Win 7 machine.
Should (can I) upgrade to VLC 3.0.3?

Just try it! If you don't like it, you can always fall back to the
old one. Just keep a copy of the old version.

Ditto. He could aluse the portable versions.

VLC's installer and distributor are still very responsible. Just
download the installer package directly from **official** website. No
mess will be left behind under normal operation.

From the official VLC web page:

Windows requirements

VLC runs on all versions of Windows, from Windows XP SP3 to the last
version of Windows 10.

If for some reason you don't like 3.0.3 I still have 2.2.8 and 3.0.0 on my
hard drive.

Mr. Man-wai Chang August 11th 18 05:54 PM

film vs CMOS

On 8/12/2018 12:50 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , Mr. Man-wai
Chang wrote:

But how do you get a 100% TRUE lossless original? Using good, old
film-based cameras? :)

film is more lossy than digital.

I don't know much about photography films. And you might need to talk
about the size (length x width) as well as the resolution of the senors
and films!

But isn't film molecular level? :)

nospam August 11th 18 06:10 PM

film vs CMOS

In article , Mr. Man-wai
Chang wrote:

But how do you get a 100% TRUE lossless original? Using good, old
film-based cameras? :)

film is more lossy than digital.

I don't know much about photography films.

clearly.

And you might need to talk
about the size (length x width) as well as the resolution of the senors
and films!

yep.

But isn't film molecular level? :)

everything is.

Mr. Man-wai Chang August 11th 18 06:15 PM

film vs CMOS

On 8/12/2018 1:10 AM, nospam wrote:

I don't know much about photography films.

clearly.

And you might need to talk
about the size (length x width) as well as the resolution of the senors
and films!

yep.

But isn't film molecular level? :)

everything is.

Is your claim based on traditional size of film, which is 135?

But why can't we use a bigger film then? Should we always compare 135
film against CMOS sensors of different size?

nospam August 11th 18 06:19 PM

film vs CMOS

In article , Mr. Man-wai
Chang wrote:

I don't know much about photography films.

clearly.

And you might need to talk
about the size (length x width) as well as the resolution of the senors
and films!

yep.

But isn't film molecular level? :)

everything is.

Is your claim based on traditional size of film, which is 135?

size doesn't change anything. film is very lossy and much less accurate
than digital.

But why can't we use a bigger film then?

we can. there are larger film sizes, namely medium format and large
format, but then you also have to use a larger digital sensor to match.

Should we always compare 135
film against CMOS sensors of different size?

always the same size format. otherwise it's not a valid comparison.

Mr. Man-wai Chang August 11th 18 07:16 PM

how original is an original image?

On 8/12/2018 2:08 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , Mr. Man-wai
Chang wrote:

But how do you determine how close a digital image get to the original
without a reference? You have to have a control as in experiment!

the reference is the original

In a court trial, how do you do that? You cannot take the physical
reality into a court... there is also the time factor. Whatever happened
in reality might not repeat itself before the court.

John Larkin[_4_] August 12th 18 01:06 AM

film vs CMOS

Chang wrote:

But how do you get a 100% TRUE lossless original? Using good, old
film-based cameras? :)

film is more lossy than digital.

I don't know much about photography films. And you might need to talk
about the size (length x width) as well as the resolution of the senors
and films!

But isn't film molecular level? :)

Film is quantized to grain size.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

lunatic fringe electronics

Mr. Man-wai Chang August 12th 18 04:17 AM

film vs CMOS

On 8/12/2018 1:19 AM, nospam wrote:

Should we always compare 135
film against CMOS sensors of different size?

always the same size format. otherwise it's not a valid comparison.

In reality, we just need to do the job right and fair, not about
comparison or superiority!

What if... a big what if.... all CMOS on Earth were fried by solar
storm? Maybe that explained why a man is up there in ISS. :)

nospam August 12th 18 04:22 AM

film vs CMOS

In article , Mr. Man-wai
Chang wrote:

Should we always compare 135
film against CMOS sensors of different size?

always the same size format. otherwise it's not a valid comparison.

In reality, we just need to do the job right and fair, not about
comparison or superiority!

you're the one making comparisons.

What if... a big what if.... all CMOS on Earth were fried by solar
storm? Maybe that explained why a man is up there in ISS. :)

what if you stopped posting rubbish?