HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   USB Device (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=144036)

orion January 20th 07 03:11 PM

USB Device

I have a usb wireless card(Buffalo AirStation WLI-U2-KG54 ),I plug
into my
desktop computer, but WIN XP can't find it , I plug it into another
desktop computer ,WIN XP still can't find it,I think the card maybe
broken, But when I plug it into my NB, The XP in my NB found it and its
worked. What happend to my wireless card?

LordOfNoldor January 20th 07 03:18 PM

USB Device

Do you have at least Service Pack 1 installed?

orion January 20th 07 03:34 PM

USB Device

YES!
OS is XP SP2!

LordOfNoldor January 20th 07 03:53 PM

USB Device

Are you having any problems when connecting other usb devices? USB
support may be disabled from bios then you should enable it. This is
another posibility coming to my mind

orion January 20th 07 03:56 PM

USB Device

Other USB Device(mouse,hd...)have no problem in the same PC.

badgolferman January 20th 07 03:57 PM

USB Device

orion, 1/20/2007,10:11:48 AM, wrote:

I have a usb wireless card(Buffalo AirStation WLI-U2-KG54 ),I plug
into my
desktop computer, but WIN XP can't find it , I plug it into another
desktop computer ,WIN XP still can't find it,I think the card maybe
broken, But when I plug it into my NB, The XP in my NB found it and
its worked. What happend to my wireless card?

How do you plug a card into a desktop computer that goes into a
notebook computer?

orion January 20th 07 03:59 PM

USB Device

Other USB Device(mouse,hd...)have no problem in the same PC.
And I just reinstall the XP ,update to SP2,the problem is still there.

1932 January 20th 07 04:04 PM

USB Device

"badgolferman" wrote in message
orion, 1/20/2007,10:11:48 AM, wrote:

I have a usb wireless card(Buffalo AirStation WLI-U2-KG54 ),I plug
into my
desktop computer, but WIN XP can't find it , I plug it into another
desktop computer ,WIN XP still can't find it,I think the card maybe
broken, But when I plug it into my NB, The XP in my NB found it and
its worked. What happend to my wireless card?

How do you plug a card into a desktop computer that goes into a
notebook computer?

Wakey Wakey, he did say USB. g.

noneofyourbusiness January 20th 07 04:29 PM

USB Device

On 20 Jan 2007 07:11:48 -0800, "orion" wrote:

I have a usb wireless card(Buffalo AirStation WLI-U2-KG54 ),I plug
into my
desktop computer, but WIN XP can't find it , I plug it into another
desktop computer ,WIN XP still can't find it,I think the card maybe
broken, But when I plug it into my NB, The XP in my NB found it and its
worked. What happend to my wireless card?

Has it *ever* worked in the desktop computer?
If it works in the notebook, then probably nothing is wrong with the
card.

I had a similar problem that was ultimately resolved by removing the
USB entries in DevMgr and refreshing (be aware, you will lose use of
the keyboard and mouse if they are USB devices).

noneofyourbusiness January 20th 07 04:31 PM

USB Device

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 10:57:45 -0500, "badgolferman"
wrote:

orion, 1/20/2007,10:11:48 AM, wrote:

I have a usb wireless card(Buffalo AirStation WLI-U2-KG54 ),I plug
into my
desktop computer, but WIN XP can't find it , I plug it into another
desktop computer ,WIN XP still can't find it,I think the card maybe
broken, But when I plug it into my NB, The XP in my NB found it and
its worked. What happend to my wireless card?

How do you plug a card into a desktop computer that goes into a
notebook computer?

(Hint: it's a USB device!)

(Anything new going on in Alt.Autos.Toyota lately?)