PDA

View Full Version : Building new system need input..

Aaron Johnson
January 8th 05, 02:50 PM
I am planning to gt a Asus Mobo for Athlon 64 754 chip (gamming system for
MMORPG's).. i have notcied that their are both Via and Nvidia for the
mobo's.. which one is the beter of the too.. really dont see that big of a
difference bewtween the two. (I will be putting my ATI 9600 vid card in the
system though).

Thank ahead for any input.

Dee
January 8th 05, 04:00 PM
Aaron Johnson wrote:

> I am planning to gt a Asus Mobo for Athlon 64 754 chip (gamming system for
> MMORPG's).. i have notcied that their are both Via and Nvidia for the
> mobo's.. which one is the beter of the too.. really dont see that big of a
> difference bewtween the two. (I will be putting my ATI 9600 vid card in the
> system though).
>
> Thank ahead for any input.

You should start by reading reviews on the Web and make your own
decision. There are quite a few sites that have reviews from different
perspectives. Do a Google for motherboards.

Tom's Hardware is just one of several: www.tomshardware.com

Mac Cool
January 8th 05, 09:36 PM
Nvidia
--
Mac Cool

Aaron Johnson
January 9th 05, 07:11 AM
Yeah did that and only real difference was that the Nvidia has a firewall
where as the other (Via and SiS) dont.

"Dee" > wrote in message
> Aaron Johnson wrote:
>
> > I am planning to gt a Asus Mobo for Athlon 64 754 chip (gamming system
for
> > MMORPG's).. i have notcied that their are both Via and Nvidia for the
> > mobo's.. which one is the beter of the too.. really dont see that big of
> > difference bewtween the two. (I will be putting my ATI 9600 vid card in
the
> > system though).
> >
> > Thank ahead for any input.
> >

> You should start by reading reviews on the Web and make your own
> decision. There are quite a few sites that have reviews from different
> perspectives. Do a Google for motherboards.
>
> Tom's Hardware is just one of several: www.tomshardware.com

jacoby
January 9th 05, 08:50 AM
"Mac Cool" > wrote in message
> Nvidia
> --
> Mac Cool

That is the short answer. If you over clock, the Via K8T800 chip lacks a
pci/agp lock. The K8T800 PRO has the lock as does the nforce3 250 gb
boards. Something you might want to check into. This was the reason I chose
to use the Nvidia chip boards. I used the DFI board for oc'ers. That was
then, but now I have left the 754 socket interface. YMMV.