PDA

View Full Version : Sound

Richard Miller
January 8th 05, 02:02 AM
I have a DFI Lan Party UT nf3 250Gb motherboard with a AMD 3000+ CPU, as if
that means anything with 6 sound connections in the back. I have a 64 bit
beta XP OS and I downloaded the sound drivers for this motherboard and
looked in device manager and there are no red or yellow marks and everything
is in just fine, except I have no sound. Trying to get any info from DFI is
impossible. I put this computer together for a game machine. Without sound,
I have no game machine. Does anyone have any ideas for me.

Thank You
Richard

jacoby
January 8th 05, 03:32 AM
Could be a few things including new drivers, remnants from previous driver,
config in control panel, bad mb. Since you have a DFI board, I suggest you
go here for help tweaking your board
http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/index.php?s=a1a56fcedd725128002fd3ad5224e137

"Richard Miller" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I have a DFI Lan Party UT nf3 250Gb motherboard with a AMD 3000+ CPU, as
if
> that means anything with 6 sound connections in the back. I have a 64 bit
> beta XP OS and I downloaded the sound drivers for this motherboard and
> looked in device manager and there are no red or yellow marks and
everything
> is in just fine, except I have no sound. Trying to get any info from DFI
is
> impossible. I put this computer together for a game machine. Without
sound,
> I have no game machine. Does anyone have any ideas for me.
>
> Thank You
> Richard

Dracir Venostos
January 8th 05, 06:30 AM
"Richard Miller" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I have a DFI Lan Party UT nf3 250Gb motherboard with a AMD 3000+ CPU, as if
>that means anything with 6 sound connections in the back. I have a 64 bit
>beta XP OS and I downloaded the sound drivers for this motherboard and
>looked in device manager and there are no red or yellow marks and
>everything is in just fine, except I have no sound. Trying to get any info
>from DFI is impossible. I put this computer together for a game machine.
>Without sound, I have no game machine. Does anyone have any ideas for me.

Elementary, but bears mention: Are you sure you're plugged into the right
connector? Do you, for instance, get sound visualization from a given app
(media player, etc.), even though you hear nothing?

Dracir

Richard Miller
January 8th 05, 02:58 PM
"Dracir Venostos" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Richard Miller" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>I have a DFI Lan Party UT nf3 250Gb motherboard with a AMD 3000+ CPU, as
>>if that means anything with 6 sound connections in the back. I have a 64
>>bit beta XP OS and I downloaded the sound drivers for this motherboard and
>>looked in device manager and there are no red or yellow marks and
>>everything is in just fine, except I have no sound. Trying to get any info
>>from DFI is impossible. I put this computer together for a game machine.
>>Without sound, I have no game machine. Does anyone have any ideas for me.
>

> Elementary, but bears mention: Are you sure you're plugged into the right
> connector? Do you, for instance, get sound visualization from a given app
> (media player, etc.), even though you hear nothing?
>
> Dracir

I tried all 6 connectors, no sound visualization, tried a monster sound card
but no XP drivers, maybe I can buy a sound card that has XP 64 drivers?

Dracir Venostos
January 8th 05, 06:39 PM
"Richard Miller" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Dracir Venostos" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>
>> "Richard Miller" > wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>>I have a DFI Lan Party UT nf3 250Gb motherboard with a AMD 3000+ CPU, as
>>>if that means anything with 6 sound connections in the back. I have a 64
>>>bit beta XP OS and I downloaded the sound drivers for this motherboard
>>>and looked in device manager and there are no red or yellow marks and
>>>everything is in just fine, except I have no sound. Trying to get any
>>>info from DFI is impossible. I put this computer together for a game
>>>machine. Without sound, I have no game machine. Does anyone have any
>>>ideas for me.
>>

>> Elementary, but bears mention: Are you sure you're plugged into the right
>> connector? Do you, for instance, get sound visualization from a given app
>> (media player, etc.), even though you hear nothing?
>>
>> Dracir
>
> I tried all 6 connectors, no sound visualization, tried a monster sound
> card but no XP drivers, maybe I can buy a sound card that has XP 64
> drivers?

You have the Realtek ACL850 on that board, which is 64 bit supported by
Nvidia.
Have you tried this driver? It's part of the Nvidia Nforce 64 bit system
driver pack:

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Upload/Driver/nForce_4.34a_WinXP64.exe

Dracir

Dracir Venostos
January 9th 05, 05:44 AM
"Ed" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 18:02:51 -0700, "Richard Miller" >
> wrote:
>
>>I have a DFI Lan Party UT nf3 250Gb motherboard with a AMD 3000+ CPU, as
>>if
>>that means anything with 6 sound connections in the back. I have a 64 bit
>>beta XP OS and I downloaded the sound drivers for this motherboard and
>>looked in device manager and there are no red or yellow marks and
>>everything
>>is in just fine, except I have no sound. Trying to get any info from DFI
>>is
>>impossible. I put this computer together for a game machine. Without
>>sound,
>>I have no game machine. Does anyone have any ideas for me.
>>
>>Thank You
>>Richard
>>

> Maybe try these? ...
> Realtek Beta Driver for Windows Server 2003/XP 64 bit edition
> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True

Are the AC97 drivers compatible with the ACL850 audio chip?

Dracir