PDA

View Full Version : Need drivers for Turtlebeach sound card

goblin
December 18th 04, 07:40 PM
Does anyone know of any drivers that will work for the chipset in the
Santa Cruz audio card?

Tod
December 18th 04, 09:23 PM
at www.turtlebeach.com

http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/kb_ftp/585ftp.asp

"goblin" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know of any drivers that will work for the chipset in the
> Santa Cruz audio card?

goblin
December 18th 04, 09:54 PM
"Tod" > wrote in
news:[email protected]_s02:

> at www.turtlebeach.com
>
> http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/kb_ftp/585ftp.asp
>
> "goblin" > wrote in message
>> Does anyone know of any drivers that will work for the chipset in the
>> Santa Cruz audio card?

I don't see any 64-bit drivers there.
Need them for XP64 cpp build 1218.

Dee
December 18th 04, 10:26 PM
goblin wrote:
> "Tod" > wrote in
> news:[email protected]_s02:
>

>>at www.turtlebeach.com
>>
>>http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/kb_ftp/585ftp.asp
>>
>>"goblin" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Does anyone know of any drivers that will work for the chipset in the
>>>Santa Cruz audio card?
>>

> I don't see any 64-bit drivers there.
> Need them for XP64 cpp build 1218.

If you need 64-bit driver for Windows x64, then you need to contact
TurtleBeach Tech Support and discuss that with them.

Dee
December 18th 04, 10:33 PM
goblin wrote:

> Does anyone know of any drivers that will work for the chipset in the
> Santa Cruz audio card?
The following is from the TurtleBeach FAQ for the Santa Cruz card:

Installation

64 bit drivers?
---------------

Q: I need driver to be used under Windows 64 bit Edition.
Please let me know how I can get one.

A: There are no 64 bit drivers. This card is a 32 bit card
and it does not support 64 bit Applications.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Based on what they say, you will not find any 64-bit drivers!

goblin
December 18th 04, 10:44 PM
Dee > wrote in :

> goblin wrote:
>> "Tod" > wrote in
>> news:[email protected]_s02:
>>

>>>at www.turtlebeach.com
>>>
>>>http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/kb_ftp/585ftp.asp

>> I don't see any 64-bit drivers there.
>> Need them for XP64 cpp build 1218.
>
> If you need 64-bit driver for Windows x64, then you need to contact
> TurtleBeach Tech Support and discuss that with them.

They aren't in a discussing mood. <G> I've been asking periodically
since April (build 1069) and have never got a reply from them yet.

It appears the card uses dual AC97 2.1 DSP's so I was wondering if anyone
out there had any luck with generic AC97 drivers. Are there any generic
drivers for external (vs onboard) AC97 drivers?

Are there any off-the-shelf AMD64 boxes/laptops that come with the Santa
Cruz chipset, which might have hidden drivers somewhere that would never
occur to me to look? I found a 64-bit NIC driver for an Intel card on HP's
website. Intel's site said no support for that NIC until the release of the
OS! HP had 'em though. So I figure somewhere out there in some unrelated
place there might be a audio driver for me.

goblin
December 18th 04, 11:06 PM
Dee > wrote in :

> goblin wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of any drivers that will work for the chipset in the
>> Santa Cruz audio card?
> The following is from the TurtleBeach FAQ for the Santa Cruz card:
>
> ================================================== =====================
> ========
> Installation
> ================================================== =====================
> ========
>
> 64 bit drivers?
> ---------------
>
> Q: I need driver to be used under Windows 64 bit Edition.
> Please let me know how I can get one.
>
> A: There are no 64 bit drivers. This card is a 32 bit card
> and it does not support 64 bit Applications.
> __________________________________________________ _____________________
> ______
>
> Based on what they say, you will not find any 64-bit drivers!

Thanks, Dee, for the depressing info <BSEG>

I guess that card will be moved over to my 32-bit box and I'll have to find
a plugin to control it remotely. The quality of the Santa Cruz is just too
good to put it on a shelf and forget about it, at least for music. For
system sounds and movies the onboard AC97 will be good enough. It will
probably be a couple years before TurtleBeach is forced to make a 64-bit
version of the card.

Tod
December 19th 04, 01:39 AM
"goblin" > wrote in message
> Dee > wrote in :
>
>> goblin wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know of any drivers that will work for the chipset in the
>>> Santa Cruz audio card?
>> The following is from the TurtleBeach FAQ for the Santa Cruz card:
>>
>> ================================================== =====================
>> ========
>> Installation
>> ================================================== =====================
>> ========
>>
>> 64 bit drivers?
>> ---------------
>>
>> Q: I need driver to be used under Windows 64 bit Edition.
>> Please let me know how I can get one.
>>
>> A: There are no 64 bit drivers. This card is a 32 bit card
>> and it does not support 64 bit Applications.
>> __________________________________________________ _____________________
>> ______
>>
>> Based on what they say, you will not find any 64-bit drivers!

> Thanks, Dee, for the depressing info <BSEG>
>
> I guess that card will be moved over to my 32-bit box and I'll have to
> find
> a plugin to control it remotely. The quality of the Santa Cruz is just too
> good to put it on a shelf and forget about it, at least for music. For
> system sounds and movies the onboard AC97 will be good enough. It will
> probably be a couple years before TurtleBeach is forced to make a 64-bit
> version of the card.

I've used the Santa Cruz for many years.
I really doubt Turtle Beach will come out with any new sound card
using the same chipset (CS4630), processors are so much faster now
that having the extra expense of a built in DSP is no longer marketable
for that price range.
Creative Labs has the higher price range and the VIA sound chip
(used in the Turtle Beach Catalina) has the middle market covered.

Tod
December 19th 04, 01:53 AM
The local Fry's Electronics seems to be selling off their stock of Santa
Cruz
cards for $40.