PDA

View Full Version : Instructions - terrible

Travis King
December 15th 04, 11:14 PM
Those instructions that come with the A64 are not good at all. I don't
understand what it means by cam, lug, and all of that garbage. Can anyone
help? On top of that, do you have to open the clips a little bit to get the
heatsink to rest on-top of the CPU because the heatsink for this one won't
fit unless I open the clips a little bit.

Travis King
December 16th 04, 01:33 AM
Travis King wrote:
> Those instructions that come with the A64 are not good at all. I
> don't understand what it means by cam, lug, and all of that garbage. Can
> anyone help? On top of that, do you have to open the clips a
> little bit to get the heatsink to rest on-top of the CPU because the
> heatsink for this one won't fit unless I open the clips a little bit.
Never mind... the installation was much easier than the instructions made
it look.

Bonj
January 8th 05, 03:03 AM
Travis King wrote:
> Those instructions that come with the A64 are not good at all. I don't
> understand what it means by cam, lug, and all of that garbage. Can anyone
> help? On top of that, do you have to open the clips a little bit to get the
> heatsink to rest on-top of the CPU because the heatsink for this one won't
> fit unless I open the clips a little bit.

There's videos of how to do it on www.amd.com.

Dee
January 8th 05, 04:04 PM
Travis King wrote:

> Those instructions that come with the A64 are not good at all. I don't
> understand what it means by cam, lug, and all of that garbage. Can anyone
> help? On top of that, do you have to open the clips a little bit to get the
> heatsink to rest on-top of the CPU because the heatsink for this one won't
> fit unless I open the clips a little bit.

Did you try looking at the pictures? My CPU had an instruction sheet
that has pictures and the manual for my motherboard also has pictures.
I thought they were very clear and concise on how to mount the CPU and
the heatsink & fan.