PDA

View Full Version : Asus K8V-X Socket 754

db
December 14th 04, 05:55 PM
Can you lock the AGP/PCI ?

I can't find anything in the manual about it.. :(

db
December 14th 04, 06:32 PM
jacoby wrote:
> Has no lock.

Whats the best way to overclock this?
I tried just to upp the fsb but it ended up dropping to 1Ghz with an
x5.. hehe i'll go google.

jacoby
December 14th 04, 06:37 PM
Has no lock.

"db" > wrote in message
. ..
> Can you lock the AGP/PCI ?
>
> I can't find anything in the manual about it.. :(

Wes Newell
December 14th 04, 08:22 PM
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:32:57 +0000, db wrote:

> jacoby wrote:
>> Has no lock.
>

> Whats the best way to overclock this?
> I tried just to upp the fsb but it ended up dropping to 1Ghz with an
> x5.. hehe i'll go google.

Before you up the FSB, lower ram settings, lower the HT speed to 600 from
800, increase vcore, then you should be able to get at least 233MHz FSB.
My old 754 board maxes out with a 233Mhz setting but I have no problems
reaching it. And it doesn't have a PCI lock. The main problem is probably
the HT bus, as it, and the ram, overclocks with the FSB too.

db
December 14th 04, 08:39 PM
Wes Newell wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:32:57 +0000, db wrote:
>

>>jacoby wrote:
>>
>>>Has no lock.
>>

>>Whats the best way to overclock this?
>>I tried just to upp the fsb but it ended up dropping to 1Ghz with an
>>x5.. hehe i'll go google.
>

> Before you up the FSB, lower ram settings, lower the HT speed to 600 from
> 800, increase vcore, then you should be able to get at least 233MHz FSB.
> My old 754 board maxes out with a 233Mhz setting but I have no problems
> reaching it. And it doesn't have a PCI lock. The main problem is probably
> the HT bus, as it, and the ram, overclocks with the FSB too.

Thanks,

It used to alot easier with the xp chip :)

db
December 14th 04, 08:40 PM