PDA

View Full Version : HDAMA motherboard may have Broadcom 5705, not 5702

flux
December 14th 04, 07:33 AM
HDAMA motherboards come from Arima, http://www.rioworks.com/HDAMA.htm

They are supposed to have two Broadcom 5702 gigabit Ethernet chips
in them, but may incorrectly have the 5705. The 5705 does not support
jumbo frames. Check the board itself and if you have the wrong chip,
you can contact your vendor for an RMA.

(I don't know if the HDAMB is similarly affected.)

John R Weiss
December 14th 04, 05:45 PM
"flux" > wrote...
> HDAMA motherboards come from Arima, http://www.rioworks.com/HDAMA.htm
>
> They are supposed to have two Broadcom 5702 gigabit Ethernet chips
> in them, but may incorrectly have the 5705. The 5705 does not support
> jumbo frames. Check the board itself and if you have the wrong chip,
> you can contact your vendor for an RMA.
>
> (I don't know if the HDAMB is similarly affected.)

The HDAMB has a single 5702 LAN chip.

flux
December 25th 04, 08:56 AM
In article <[email protected]_s04>,
"John R Weiss" > wrote:

> "flux" > wrote...
> > HDAMA motherboards come from Arima, http://www.rioworks.com/HDAMA.htm
> >
> > They are supposed to have two Broadcom 5702 gigabit Ethernet chips
> > in them, but may incorrectly have the 5705. The 5705 does not support
> > jumbo frames. Check the board itself and if you have the wrong chip,
> > you can contact your vendor for an RMA.
> >
> > (I don't know if the HDAMB is similarly affected.)
>
> The HDAMB has a single 5702 LAN chip.

That's just spec; it doesn't say whether any boards were
mis-manufactured with the 5705. I think it's reasonable to assume there
were.