PDA

View Full Version : amd 64 2800+ and NF3 board Far Cry issue

John
December 9th 04, 03:26 AM
have amd 64 2800+ on a chaintech nforce 3 board with
2 x 512 corsair xms at 400 and ati 9800 pro, on board sound.

Far Cry looks better than ever!!! Last rig was athlon xp cpu on
nforce 2 board.

When playing sometimes the game completely shuts off and drops me
back to the windows desktop, lightning fast.

Any ideas?

Thanks
John

John
December 10th 04, 04:00 AM
>>have amd 64 2800+ on a chaintech nforce 3 board with
>>2 x 512 corsair xms at 400 and ati 9800 pro, on board sound.
>>
>>Far Cry looks better than ever!!! Last rig was athlon xp cpu on
>>nforce 2 board.
>>
>>When playing sometimes the game completely shuts off and drops me
>>back to the windows desktop, lightning fast.
>>

>>Any ideas?

> Have you tried testing the system with Memtest+ http://www.memtest.org/
> and Prime95 http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm ? or maybe the video
> card is getting too hot?, you could open the case and blow a fan on the
> inside to see if the problem is heat related.
>
> Maybe the Radeon VPU Recovery thing screws with the game? FWIW I have
> that disabled and have no problems with any games including FarCry.
>
> Poor quality PSU or under rated?
>
> Good luck,
> Ed
> --
> Antec SX-1040BII 400W / Chaintech VNF3-250
> Athlon 64 3200+ (newcastle) / 2x512 Ballistix PC4000
> ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB / Creative Labs Audigy 2
> Seagate 160GB 8MB PATA100 / WD 120GB 8MB PATA100
> NEC 8x DVDRW 2500A / LiteOn 52x CDRW 5238S
> Panasync E21 (20" Viewable) / Windows XP Pro SP2

thanks, good suggetions. will give it a try.
john