PDA

View Full Version : ada3000ax 754 socket memory speed

don
December 9th 04, 12:47 AM
From: "don" >
Subject: ada3000ax 754 socket
Date: Sunday, November 28, 2004 6:06 PM

From: "don" >
Subject: GA-K8NSpro
Date: Saturday, November 20, 2004 4:50 PM

I like the board, I though the ram would run at 200Mhz the bios will let me
adjust the ram too 166 max
have a AMD A64 ,ADA3000AX 754 socket

thankyou

Dee
December 9th 04, 01:20 PM
don wrote:
> From: "don" >
> Subject: ada3000ax 754 socket
> Date: Sunday, November 28, 2004 6:06 PM
>

> From: "don" >
> Subject: GA-K8NSpro
> Date: Saturday, November 20, 2004 4:50 PM
>
> I like the board, I though the ram would run at 200Mhz the bios will let me
> adjust the ram too 166 max
> have a AMD A64 ,ADA3000AX 754 socket
>

> thankyou

The memory speed is dependent upon your memory. PC2700 runs at 166,
PC3200 runs at 200.

The exception on some socket 754 boards is if you have 3 double sided
PC3200 modules, they will only run at 166.

All this should be plainly stated in your owner's manual!