PDA

View Full Version : 6800OC and Far Cry

Jerome
November 24th 04, 08:42 AM
I bought a BFG 6800OC with the free copy of Far Cry. The card works great
but the game freezes at the splash screen. I've applied the patch,
uninstalled/reinstalled and everything else I can think of. Has anyone else
heard of this?

AMD 64 2800 socket 754
GA-K8NSP F4 bios
Audigy 2
1 Gig Geil PC-3200 ram
Windows 2000 SP4

lonesw0rdsman
November 24th 04, 02:48 PM
"Jerome" > wrote in message
>I bought a BFG 6800OC with the free copy of Far Cry. The card works great
> but the game freezes at the splash screen. I've applied the patch,
> uninstalled/reinstalled and everything else I can think of. Has anyone
> else
> heard of this?
>
> AMD 64 2800 socket 754
> GA-K8NSP F4 bios
> Audigy 2
> 1 Gig Geil PC-3200 ram
> Windows 2000 SP4

Do you have the latest drivers for you card ? Also the latest direct x ? I
remember when I first dl'ed the demo it wouldnt work until I installed the
latest nvidia drivers.

Jerome
November 24th 04, 04:29 PM
Direct X 9.0c and Nvidia driver version 66.93 installed.

"lonesw0rdsman" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Jerome" > wrote in message
> >I bought a BFG 6800OC with the free copy of Far Cry. The card works
great
> > but the game freezes at the splash screen. I've applied the patch,
> > uninstalled/reinstalled and everything else I can think of. Has anyone
> > else
> > heard of this?
> >
> > AMD 64 2800 socket 754
> > GA-K8NSP F4 bios
> > Audigy 2
> > 1 Gig Geil PC-3200 ram
> > Windows 2000 SP4
> >

> Do you have the latest drivers for you card ? Also the latest direct x ?
> remember when I first dl'ed the demo it wouldnt work until I installed the
> latest nvidia drivers.

November 24th 04, 07:29 PM
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 02:42:41 -0500, "Jerome"
> wrote:

>I bought a BFG 6800OC with the free copy of Far Cry. The card works great
>but the game freezes at the splash screen. I've applied the patch,
>uninstalled/reinstalled and everything else I can think of. Has anyone else
>heard of this?

>AMD 64 2800 socket 754
>GA-K8NSP F4 bios
>Audigy 2
>1 Gig Geil PC-3200 ram
> Windows 2000 SP4

Try re-installing [ update ] your MOBO drivers to replace the GART
since installing both Dx & video drivers.

This group only
BoroLad

Jerome
November 25th 04, 08:25 AM
Also tried that...Good suggestion though

> wrote in message
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 02:42:41 -0500, "Jerome"
> > wrote:
>
> >I bought a BFG 6800OC with the free copy of Far Cry. The card works
great
> >but the game freezes at the splash screen. I've applied the patch,
> >uninstalled/reinstalled and everything else I can think of. Has anyone
else
> >heard of this?
>
> >AMD 64 2800 socket 754
> >GA-K8NSP F4 bios
> >Audigy 2
> >1 Gig Geil PC-3200 ram
> > Windows 2000 SP4
>
> Try re-installing [ update ] your MOBO drivers to replace the GART
> since installing both Dx & video drivers.
>
> This group only
> BoroLad

November 25th 04, 08:47 PM
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 02:25:40 -0500, "Jerome"
> wrote:

>Also tried that...Good suggestion though

> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 02:42:41 -0500, "Jerome"
>> > wrote:

>> >I bought a BFG 6800OC with the free copy of Far Cry. The card works
>great
>> >but the game freezes at the splash screen. I've applied the patch,
>> >uninstalled/reinstalled and everything else I can think of. Has anyone
>else
>> >heard of this?

>> >AMD 64 2800 socket 754
>> >GA-K8NSP F4 bios
>> >Audigy 2
>> >1 Gig Geil PC-3200 ram
>> > Windows 2000 SP4

>> Try re-installing [ update ] your MOBO drivers to replace the GART
>> since installing both Dx & video drivers.

>> This group only

Does the free copy of Doom3 run ok, is your problem limited to just
Far Cry ?

You have good kit but is the quality of the output of your PSU letting
you down?

BoroLad

Jerome
November 26th 04, 06:09 PM
My Doom 3 is the retail version and it works fine. It's only Far Cry. My
power supply is Fortron 350W. Inadequate wattage???

Jerome

> wrote in message
> On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 02:25:40 -0500, "Jerome"
> > wrote:
>
> >Also tried that...Good suggestion though
>
> > wrote in message
> >> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 02:42:41 -0500, "Jerome"

> >great
> >else

> >> Try re-installing [ update ] your MOBO drivers to replace the GART
> >> since installing both Dx & video drivers.
>
> >> This group only
>
> Does the free copy of Doom3 run ok, is your problem limited to just
> Far Cry ?
>
> You have good kit but is the quality of the output of your PSU letting
> you down?
>
> BoroLad

November 26th 04, 08:52 PM
On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:09:16 -0500, "Jerome"
> wrote:

>My Doom 3 is the retail version and it works fine. It's only Far Cry.

No I was looking for a short cut way of deciding :

- game / hardware
- hardware only
- driver issue
- OpenGL only
- MOBO BIOS setting [s] issue
- Coolbits registry mod on an already O/C card

Assuming WinXP, where do you get your " Nvidia driver version 66.93 "
BFG recommend the Windows XP - Unified Driver Version: 5.10 Release
Date: September 17, 2004

>My power supply is Fortron 350W. Inadequate wattage???

PSU should be ok, I assume you have only the single item video card on
the hard disk Molex and splitter, it needs the thick cable MOLEX not
the thin cable floppy - and not for example a hard drive and video on
the one cable.

Tech Support 24/7 e-mail
FAQ & BIOS settings here http://www.bfgtech.com/tech_redux.html
Unified Drivers here http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
2nd Edn pdf here
http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/53.03/ForceWare_Graphics_Drivers_Users_Guide_2nd_Edition .pdf
The maker does a freephone help service

BoroLad

November 27th 04, 10:17 PM
Apply the 67.02 beta drivers and also update your motherboard chipset
drivers. On your Creative Audigy 2 soundcard turn down the sound hardware
acceleration a notch or two. Reset the vieo card back to the default
settings from its overclocked setting.

regards