PDA

View Full Version : Xp 64 for amd, anyone tried it yet?

Steven Wakeman
November 12th 04, 11:17 PM

Dee
November 13th 04, 01:08 AM
If you have a question, then spit it out! Or don't you have the
intestinal fortitude to be up front?

Hierophant
November 13th 04, 02:40 AM
Nope, it's just sitting there on Microsoft's server to utilize some server
space they didn't want to leave empty <wink>

David Efflandt
November 13th 04, 05:02 AM
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 09:17:19 +1100, Steven Wakeman
> wrote nothing.

64-bit XP beta changed my partition table geometry, so it could not reboot
itself or XP Home. But once I repaired the partition table using Linux
fdisk on a rescue CD (no data loss), 64-bit XP and XP Home worked fine. 2D
video worked, but I had to download a 64-bit nVidia driver for 3D. And no
sound driver, so I download 64-bit AC'97 sound driver from realtek.com.tw.
Still no winmodem driver, but I have adsl anyway.

malcolm
November 13th 04, 04:25 PM
"David Efflandt" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 09:17:19 +1100, Steven Wakeman
> > wrote nothing.
>
> 64-bit XP beta changed my partition table geometry, so it could not reboot
> itself or XP Home. But once I repaired the partition table using Linux
> fdisk on a rescue CD (no data loss), 64-bit XP and XP Home worked fine. 2D
> video worked, but I had to download a 64-bit nVidia driver for 3D. And no
> sound driver, so I download 64-bit AC'97 sound driver from realtek.com.tw.
> Still no winmodem driver, but I have adsl anyway.

I tried the previous one to the current win64,
it didnt support my 3com network, so deleted it.
nor a MS network card !!!
does the 'w2k3sp1_1218_usa_x64fre_pro' support networks now?
regards malcolm

Hierophant
November 13th 04, 06:25 PM
"malcolm" > wrote in message
news:8Ipld.402097$D%[email protected]_s51...

| "David Efflandt" > wrote in message
| > On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 09:17:19 +1100, Steven Wakeman
| > > wrote nothing.
| >
| > 64-bit XP beta changed my partition table geometry, so it could not
reboot
| > itself or XP Home. But once I repaired the partition table using Linux
| > fdisk on a rescue CD (no data loss), 64-bit XP and XP Home worked fine.
2D
| > video worked, but I had to download a 64-bit nVidia driver for 3D. And
no
| > sound driver, so I download 64-bit AC'97 sound driver from
realtek.com.tw.
| > Still no winmodem driver, but I have adsl anyway.
|
| I tried the previous one to the current win64,
| it didnt support my 3com network, so deleted it.
| nor a MS network card !!!
| does the 'w2k3sp1_1218_usa_x64fre_pro' support networks now?
| regards malcolm

I can't speak for your drivers in particular, but the 1218 build is much
more of a complete release. It is still lacking in driver support, but a lot
was added to it.

malcolm
November 14th 04, 10:50 PM
"Hierophant" > wrote in message

> "malcolm" > wrote in message
> news:8Ipld.402097$D%[email protected]_s51...
> |
> | "David Efflandt" > wrote in message
> | > On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 09:17:19 +1100, Steven Wakeman
> | >
> | > 64-bit XP beta changed my partition table geometry, so it could not
> reboot
> | > itself or XP Home. But once I repaired the partition table using
Linux
> | > fdisk on a rescue CD (no data loss), 64-bit XP and XP Home worked
fine.
> 2D
> | > video worked, but I had to download a 64-bit nVidia driver for 3D.
And
> no
> | > sound driver, so I download 64-bit AC'97 sound driver from
> realtek.com.tw.
> | > Still no winmodem driver, but I have adsl anyway.
> |
> | I tried the previous one to the current win64,
> | it didnt support my 3com network, so deleted it.
> | nor a MS network card !!!
> | does the 'w2k3sp1_1218_usa_x64fre_pro' support networks now?
> | regards malcolm
> |

> I can't speak for your drivers in particular, but the 1218 build is much
> more of a complete release. It is still lacking in driver support, but a
lot
> was added to it.
>
> that sounds more promising,
time to install and try on a clean HD methinks.
regards malcolm