PDA

View Full Version : single-sided vs double-sided memory

Bx.C
November 1st 04, 07:13 AM
I'm looking at getting an MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum w/ AMD Athlon64 3000+ =
(socket939).

I'm a little familiar with dual-channel vs. single-channel memory. I'm =
not as familiar, however, about the efficiency of double-sided vs. =
single-sided memory. Could someone clue me in on the pros and cons of =
this?

--=20
BRENT CORNWELL

Mirek Fídler
November 5th 04, 06:19 PM
Well, there is sometimes a problem with number of banks - if you have 4
banks per channel rather than 2, you sometimes need to increase command rate
delay to 2T or even lower memory frequency.

Double-sided memory is usually two-banks. So usually it is better to use
single sided memory only.

Mirek

"Bx.C" > píse v diskusním príspevku
.. .