PDA

View Full Version : Identifying a Winchester 3500+

no spam
October 30th 04, 07:33 AM
How do you identify the difference beween a Winchester 3500+ and Newcastle
version??

Thanks,
Shane

Wes Newell
October 30th 04, 04:30 PM
On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 16:33:41 +1000, no spam wrote:

> How do you identify the difference beween a Winchester 3500+ and Newcastle
> version??

CPUID. Sorry, I don't know the different code numbers. this is the
original pre Newcastle core. I guess that was the Hammer.

[[email protected] wes]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 15
model : 4
model name : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+
stepping : 8
cpuid level : 1

If you use windows run the cpuid program.