PDA

View Full Version : Overclocking without PCI lock

Wes Newell
October 28th 04, 08:40 PM
I've got a Jetway S755MAX board with the sis755 chipset, and even though
I know how to overclock, I really haven't done much with my older A64
3000+ til last night since all the reports I've read said you can't get
much over 220MHz. Well, that's BS. After someone asking about overclocking
an A64 3000+, I decided to take a few minutes and see what I could get.
After I first got the board I had reached 215MH without changing anything
except system bus speed, and it failed at 220, so I just set it back to
200 and forgot about it. Last night I did it right, lowering Ht to 600,
lowering mem bus to 133MHz, raising vcore to 1.70v, and setting system bus
to 233MHz. (max setting for this board). Anyway, it booted and ran fine at
2330MHz. So if you're trying to overclock with your old board, there's
hope in going at least to 233MHz on the system bus. Maybe higher if your
board supports higher.

Maybe I'm way late with this, but I thought I'd pass it on anyway..