IP of EP
October 11th 04, 04:31 PM
Is there a chart somewhere comparing what is the Pentium Equivilent of
the Athlon?

-Alex

rstlne
October 11th 04, 04:40 PM
"IP of EP" > wrote in message
> Is there a chart somewhere comparing what is the Pentium Equivilent of
> the Athlon?
>
> -Alex

So an AR of the PR ..
Interesting..

My suggestion to you is to use something called google.
found at www.google.com
it will help you with lots of exciting things.. Including searching..

Dee
October 11th 04, 04:49 PM
IP of EP wrote:
> Is there a chart somewhere comparing what is the Pentium Equivilent of
> the Athlon?
>
> -Alex
If you go to Google Advanced Search and insert the following (with
quotes) you should find what you're looking for:

"Athlon XP 2700+ vs. Pentium 4"

IP of EP
October 11th 04, 06:26 PM
Thanks. So, I take it that the Althon XP 2700 compares with the P4
2.7GHz. And, the 3200 compares with the P4 3.2GHz

I also noticed that on the Doom3 site, they actually have sys reqs
include Pentium AND Althon reqs.

-Alex

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:49:03 -0400, Dee > wrote:

>IP of EP wrote:
>> Is there a chart somewhere comparing what is the Pentium Equivilent of
>> the Athlon?
>>
>> -Alex
>If you go to Google Advanced Search and insert the following (with
>quotes) you should find what you're looking for:
>
> "Athlon XP 2700+ vs. Pentium 4"

JK
October 11th 04, 08:13 PM
IP of EP wrote:

> Thanks. So, I take it that the Althon XP 2700 compares with the P4
> 2.7GHz. And, the 3200 compares with the P4 3.2GHz

This will vary depending on the application. Why don't you consider
an Athlon 64 rather than an Athlon XP?

> I also noticed that on the Doom3

For Doom 3, a $150 Athlon 64 3000+ (socket 754) beats an $815
Pentium 4 3.2 ghz EE.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2149&p=7

The Athlon XP chips are not so great for Doom 3 though. Since you
are interested in Doom 3, an Athlon 64 processor is by far the best choice.
The Athlon 64 is also a great performer overall.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2065&p=6

> site, they actually have sys reqs
> include Pentium AND Althon reqs.
>
> -Alex
>
> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:49:03 -0400, Dee > wrote:
>
> >IP of EP wrote:
> >> Is there a chart somewhere comparing what is the Pentium Equivilent of
> >> the Athlon?
> >>
> >> -Alex
> >If you go to Google Advanced Search and insert the following (with
> >quotes) you should find what you're looking for:
> >
> > "Athlon XP 2700+ vs. Pentium 4"

Strings.
October 11th 04, 10:28 PM
Love my 64 runs so cool, its never gotten over 38 degrees C. My 2200xp
always between 55-68 degrees. Who knows?