PDA

View Full Version : amd64 cpu fail


Peter Fackrell
September 26th 04, 11:21 AM
Has anyone managed to fry amd64 cpu with the heatsink
in place?

Thanks,
Peter.

rstlne
September 26th 04, 12:51 PM
"Peter Fackrell" > wrote in message
...
> Has anyone managed to fry amd64 cpu with the heatsink
> in place?
>
> Thanks,
> Peter.

Why are you asking this question..
If someone sets the fsb/(Whatever they call it now) as high as it'll go..
Then set the voltage to the max
Then leave the fan on the hs off
Then put a space heater next to it
then sure
it's gonna fail

Wes Newell
September 26th 04, 02:51 PM
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 20:21:23 +1000, Peter Fackrell wrote:

> Has anyone managed to fry amd64 cpu with the heatsink
> in place?
>
When the fan died on mine, the cpu temp creeped up to around 60C where it
then shutdown the system. This was without any software cooling and cpu in
normal operation full power mode. After replacing fan everything was back
to normal.

--
Abit KT7-Raid (KT133) Tbred B core CPU @2400MHz (24x100FSB)
http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm

Colin byelong
September 26th 04, 06:51 PM
whats your normal temp, i have a 3400 with a normal fan and it normaly runs
between 35-40

cherrs

Colin



"Wes Newell" > wrote in message
news:[email protected] .net...
> On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 20:21:23 +1000, Peter Fackrell wrote:
>
>> Has anyone managed to fry amd64 cpu with the heatsink
>> in place?
>>
> When the fan died on mine, the cpu temp creeped up to around 60C where it
> then shutdown the system. This was without any software cooling and cpu in
> normal operation full power mode. After replacing fan everything was back
> to normal.
>
> --
> Abit KT7-Raid (KT133) Tbred B core CPU @2400MHz (24x100FSB)
> http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm

Wes Newell
September 26th 04, 07:11 PM
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 17:51:12 +0000, Colin byelong wrote:

> "Wes Newell" > wrote in message
>>
>> When the fan died on mine, the cpu temp creeped up to around 60C where
>> it then shutdown the system. This was without any software cooling and
>> cpu in normal operation full power mode. After replacing fan everything
>> was back to normal.
>>
> whats your normal temp, i have a 3400 with a normal fan and it normaly
> runs between 35-40
>
About 35C at idle. Don't recall what it goes to under full load but it was
in the low 40's. The bios shows about 41C. But I believe the software is
more accurate since it was made by the people that also make the sensor
chip, ITE. If I turn on power saving mode in powernow, idle drops to
around 30C. It sets the cpu to about 1800MHz and 1.28v.

--
Abit KT7-Raid (KT133) Tbred B core CPU @2400MHz (24x100FSB)
http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm