PDA

View Full Version : PCI problems with Asus A7N8X-E

Poseidon
September 20th 04, 07:35 AM
[X-Post]

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anybody could help me out. I can't seem to get my
pci cards to work properly in my A7N8X-E mobo. I have tried everything I
can think of and I am at a loss. It all started when I tried to put an old
cirrus logic pci video card into my comp for a second monitor. My comp
recognized the card, installed the drivers and now in my device manager, I
have an error code 10(device cannot start) So here's what I've tried: I've
pulled the card out of the slot and put it back in to checkto see if it's
pushed in all the way. I have installed a Creative SB128, and a Network
everywhere NIC as well into the board. The NIC works fine, but the Sound
Card has a problem with the game port. So, I shuffled everything around and
put everything into different ports. Same problems. So I tried all the
cards in another computer. They all work fine.

Anybody know of anything I may be doing wrong? (Bios setting? Maybe a
jumper that I overlooked?) Like I said, I am at a loss.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Poseidon

Asus A7N8X-E
AthlonXP 2500+
256MB DDR333