PDA

View Full Version : Planning a new PC...

Mirek Fidler
September 17th 04, 09:40 PM
Hi,

I am going to replace my old 1.2Ghz Athlon box (btw, I never had a PC so
long before upgrading) with something better.

I need it to be portable (so Shuttle XPC seems to be a good option), and
my PC spends most of its time running Visual C++ compiler - so that
Athlon 64 is probably the best option. And I want it to be able to run
Doom II at decent frame rates. And I want it to be as silent as
possible.

So here is my planned config:

Shuttle SK83G
Athlon 64 3000+
1GB memory
Nvidia GeForce 6800LE
200G Seagate drive

Will it work together?

Speaking about GeForce 6800LE, I have spotted Gainward, MSI and AOpen
versions. I am interested in 2D image quality (on analog) and noise. Any
experiences?

Mirek