PDA

View Full Version : AMD Athlon XP and XP-M L2 Cache

Karl Shaw
September 16th 04, 09:13 PM
Hi,

Could somebody please tell me what the L2 Cache size is on these processors?

Thanks,

Karl.

September 16th 04, 11:12 PM
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:13:28 GMT, "Karl Shaw" >
wrote:

>Could somebody please tell me what the L2 Cache size is on these processors?

Both chips based on Barton cores have 512k L2 cache.

Wes Newell
September 17th 04, 12:38 AM
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:13:28 +0000, Karl Shaw wrote:

> Could somebody please tell me what the L2 Cache size is on these processors?

The XP's are either 256K or 512K depending on which you buy. Same for the
XP-M's afaik. If it has a Palomino or Tbred core, then there's 256K.
Barton cores are 512K.