PDA

View Full Version : OT Case Modding

Carlo Razzeto
September 12th 04, 01:06 AM
I have an AMD Athlon64 system that I just installed a window kit in and some
blue cathodes to light it up. My problem is that it seems like every set of
cathodes I put in there die very quickly. What will end up happening is
their inverters will short out and my system will become un-bootable with
the lights turned on. I do have my system on all day almost every day, and
because I don't like reaching around my computer to turn the lights on and
off I usually just leave the lights on. Can you just not leave a cold
cathode light on all day with out the inverter shorting out? This is really
beginning to bug the hell out of me. These things don't even draw enough
power that it would be straining my system. Here's the specs

400 or 450 watt power supply (can't remember off the top of my head)
Athlon64 3000+
1GB DDR Memory
ATI Radeon 9600XT.
2 7200 RPM hard drives