PDA

View Full Version : heatsink opteron

NG
August 25th 04, 12:02 PM
what heatsink can i use for opteron 244 ?

thank you

N.G.

888
August 25th 04, 12:28 PM
"NG" > wrote in message
> what heatsink can i use for opteron 244 ?

An Opteron 244 heatsink.

NG
August 25th 04, 01:43 PM
very funny 888 :o(
"888" > a écrit dans le message news:

> "NG" > wrote in message
> > what heatsink can i use for opteron 244 ?
>
> An Opteron 244 heatsink.

888
August 25th 04, 02:18 PM
"NG" > wrote in message
> very funny 888 :o(
> "888" > a écrit dans le message news:
> >
> > "NG" > wrote in message
> > > what heatsink can i use for opteron 244 ?
> >
> > An Opteron 244 heatsink.

Maybe you should make your question more precise.

Did you mean what is *the best* heatsink?

NG
August 25th 04, 02:38 PM
this would be the must if somebody tell me what is the best; but when you
ask this question,
usually nobody answer; the proof: look list of this forum and you see
object "cooler opteron" (it is me who send it) and you will see there is no
answer. so i have prefer ask a question less precise, that's all.
but apparently, it is not better because you are the only one who send a
response.
too bad. i will try to find by myself a good heatsink for my opteron.

NG
"888" > a écrit dans le message news:

> "NG" > wrote in message
> > very funny 888 :o(

> > > An Opteron 244 heatsink.
> > >

> Maybe you should make your question more precise.
>
> Did you mean what is *the best* heatsink?

Alan Walpool
August 25th 04, 03:09 PM

NG> this would be the must if somebody tell me what is the best; but
NG> when you ask this question, usually nobody answer; the proof:
NG> look list of this forum and you see object "cooler opteron" (it
NG> is me who send it) and you will see there is no answer. so i have
NG> prefer ask a question less precise, that's all. but apparently,
NG> it is not better because you are the only one who send a
NG> response. too bad. i will try to find by myself a good heatsink
NG> for my opteron.

Try to get a boxed set. The cooler that comes with it is very good. If
you are buying seperately since this is not a hot topic you need to
compare with similiar models for the amd64 athlon series.

If you find out anything please report back your findings.

Thanks,

Alan

888
August 25th 04, 03:11 PM
"NG" > wrote in message
> this would be the must if somebody tell me what is the best; but when you
> ask this question,
> usually nobody answer; the proof: look list of this forum and you see
> object "cooler opteron" (it is me who send it) and you will see there is
no
> answer. so i have prefer ask a question less precise, that's all.
> but apparently, it is not better because you are the only one who send a
> response.
> too bad. i will try to find by myself a good heatsink for my opteron.

There is actually no best heatsink around. It depends on your system and
personal preference. I think you should go to some online store where you
can read buyers' comments (like amazon.com for example - but of course it
doesn't sell heatsinks!)

The Chief
August 25th 04, 03:16 PM
NG wrote:
> what heatsink can i use for opteron 244 ?
>
> thank you
>
> N.G.

Since you received some rather unhelpful responses, following is the
link to AMD's page where you can look at heatsinks they recommend:

http://www2.amd.com/us-en/Processors/DevelopWithAMD/1,,30_2252_869_8819%5e10666,00.html?1093356074

NG
August 25th 04, 03:26 PM
i have bought a opteron on ebay (at half-price) there was neither cooler nor
heatsink
and i see that on online store the brand of the cooler of the boxed set is
never specified
elno
"Alan Walpool" > a écrit dans le message news:

> NG> this would be the must if somebody tell me what is the best; but
> NG> when you ask this question, usually nobody answer; the proof:
> NG> look list of this forum and you see object "cooler opteron" (it
> NG> is me who send it) and you will see there is no answer. so i have
> NG> prefer ask a question less precise, that's all. but apparently,
> NG> it is not better because you are the only one who send a
> NG> response. too bad. i will try to find by myself a good heatsink
> NG> for my opteron.
>
> Try to get a boxed set. The cooler that comes with it is very good. If
> you are buying seperately since this is not a hot topic you need to
> compare with similiar models for the amd64 athlon series.
>
> If you find out anything please report back your findings.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alan

NG
August 25th 04, 03:26 PM
good idea. I will see
thanks
noel
"888" > a écrit dans le message news:

> "NG" > wrote in message
> > this would be the must if somebody tell me what is the best; but when
you
> > ask this question,
> > usually nobody answer; the proof: look list of this forum and you see
> > object "cooler opteron" (it is me who send it) and you will see there is
> no
> > answer. so i have prefer ask a question less precise, that's all.
> > but apparently, it is not better because you are the only one who send a
> > response.
> > too bad. i will try to find by myself a good heatsink for my opteron.
> >

> There is actually no best heatsink around. It depends on your system and
> personal preference. I think you should go to some online store where you
> can read buyers' comments (like amazon.com for example - but of course it
> doesn't sell heatsinks!)

Wes Newell
August 26th 04, 01:28 AM
On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:02:33 +0200, NG wrote:

> what heatsink can i use for opteron 244 ?

The one that comes with it, or any after market K8 cooler.