PDA

View Full Version : athlonxp 3200

aws
August 20th 04, 12:08 AM
can someone tell me why my new xp3200+ keeps rebooting. i have a decent
cooler and 512 pc3200.
asrock k7s8x m/b
thanks in advance
andy

Dick McCurdy
August 20th 04, 02:51 AM
Check the Power Supply voltages with a digital voltmeter.

aws wrote:
> can someone tell me why my new xp3200+ keeps rebooting. i have a decent
> cooler and 512 pc3200.
> asrock k7s8x m/b
> thanks in advance
> andy

Wes Newell
August 20th 04, 05:40 AM
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 00:08:13 +0100, aws wrote:

> can someone tell me why my new xp3200+ keeps rebooting. i have a decent
> cooler and 512 pc3200.
> asrock k7s8x m/b

At what cpu and ram settings?
What cooler?
What are the temps?
What PSU?

JasonB
August 20th 04, 12:32 PM
aws wrote:
> can someone tell me why my new xp3200+ keeps rebooting. i have a decent
> cooler and 512 pc3200.
> asrock k7s8x m/b
> thanks in advance
> andy

First thing to check is that you've got the Cooler on the right way round.

I had a similar problem with an Athlon XP 2500+ system I put together
for my Parents and initially it rebooted every 5-10 minutes.

If your cooler isn't sitting square no the CPU then it simple won't
dissapate the heat and the Thermal cut out on the mainboard will reboot
the system.
--
JasonB

To reply, replace nospam4me with blueyonder

General Schvantzkoph
August 20th 04, 01:39 PM
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 00:08:13 +0100, aws wrote:

> can someone tell me why my new xp3200+ keeps rebooting. i have a decent
> cooler and 512 pc3200.
> asrock k7s8x m/b
> thanks in advance
> andy

Have you run memtest86?

rstlne
August 20th 04, 02:26 PM
"aws" > wrote in message
> can someone tell me why my new xp3200+ keeps rebooting. i have a decent
> cooler and 512 pc3200.
> asrock k7s8x m/b
> thanks in advance
> andy

User Error I S'pect
The xp3200+ keeps rebooting, or the computer keeps rebooting, or the
computer shuts down, or windows keeps rebooting, or, or, or, or....

"you are ment for dell tech support" ;P