PDA

View Full Version : what is the best mobo for socket 939?

quasar
August 19th 04, 11:17 AM
Hi, I want to get a new system: mobo/cpu/ram. I am thinking socket 939. I am
still deciding what system to get as a result of my old system dying
(a7v133/1ghzTbird). Asus A8V Deluxe? Abit A8V? Are there even reviews
comparing the 2 mobos side-by-side?

I am currently using a backup system so I have time to wait. Is it good to
get into socket939 now? Maybe i should wait for another few months as prices
are high and socket 939 board revisions are in the early stage.

cheers,
quasar

JK
August 19th 04, 02:29 PM
http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2128

quasar wrote:

> Hi, I want to get a new system: mobo/cpu/ram. I am thinking socket 939. I am
> still deciding what system to get as a result of my old system dying
> (a7v133/1ghzTbird). Asus A8V Deluxe? Abit A8V? Are there even reviews
> comparing the 2 mobos side-by-side?
>
> I am currently using a backup system so I have time to wait. Is it good to
> get into socket939 now? Maybe i should wait for another few months as prices
> are high and socket 939 board revisions are in the early stage.
>
> cheers,
> quasar

quasar
August 19th 04, 03:17 PM
Thanks for that! A great review. So MSI neo2 is the clear winner.

cheers

"JK" > wrote in message
> http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2128
>
> quasar wrote:
>
>> Hi, I want to get a new system: mobo/cpu/ram. I am thinking socket 939. I
>> am
>> still deciding what system to get as a result of my old system dying
>> (a7v133/1ghzTbird). Asus A8V Deluxe? Abit A8V? Are there even reviews
>> comparing the 2 mobos side-by-side?
>>
>> I am currently using a backup system so I have time to wait. Is it good
>> get into socket939 now? Maybe i should wait for another few months as
>> prices
>> are high and socket 939 board revisions are in the early stage.
>>
>> cheers,
>> quasar

Wes Newell
August 19th 04, 07:58 PM
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:17:28 +1000, quasar wrote:

> I am currently using a backup system so I have time to wait. Is it good to
> get into socket939 now? Maybe i should wait for another few months as prices
> are high and socket 939 board revisions are in the early stage.

If you don't need one now, then wait. Prices will always fall, and it
doesn't take long in this field.

JK
August 19th 04, 08:30 PM
Wes Newell wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:17:28 +1000, quasar wrote:
>
> > I am currently using a backup system so I have time to wait. Is it good to
> > get into socket939 now? Maybe i should wait for another few months as prices
> > are high and socket 939 board revisions are in the early stage.
> >
> If you don't need one now, then wait. Prices will always fall,

Exactly. While you are waiting for the price on something to fall, a new thing
will come out, then you will wait for the price of the new thing to fall. There is

no end to this.