PDA

View Full Version : A64-m stuck at 1.45v

Jason Cothran
August 16th 04, 09:05 PM
I have a mobile Athlon 64 3200+ in an eMachines m6809 notebook. This machine
is booting the voltage to 1.45v instead of the 1.4 it is supposed to. FWIW,
I am running Windows XP pro when I notice this. Unfortunately there are no
64-bit drivers for the wireless NIC yet. This didn't used to be a problem. I
just noticed the other day. The voltage is not adjustable in the terrible
BIOS the machine has. Does anyone have any idea of why this could be
occurring or what could be done to fix it (short of using a program like
Clockgen to silently step it back down to 1.4 at boot), or a utility capable
of accessing the voltage information through DOS or other OD on a bootable
CD so I can troubleshoot if it is a PowerNow! issue?