PDA

View Full Version : AMD Athlon 64 3800+ at 1.8GHz vs 2.4GHz

Russell Harper
August 1st 04, 01:40 PM
In the motherboard/CPU combos listed under pricewatch.com, most of the ones
with AMD Athlon 64 3800+ processors are clocked at 1.8GHz, instead of
2.4GHz. Is this because of limitations in the motherboard, RAM, cooling,
etc.?

Thanks for reading,

Russell

Post Replies Here Please
August 1st 04, 02:57 PM

Russell> In the motherboard/CPU combos listed under pricewatch.com,
Russell> most of the ones with AMD Athlon 64 3800+ processors are
Russell> clocked at 1.8GHz, instead of 2.4GHz. Is this because of
Russell> limitations in the motherboard, RAM, cooling, etc.?

Looks like a pricewatch error. Check the motherboard sites for the
specs.

Good luck

Wes Newell
August 1st 04, 08:25 PM
On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 08:57:38 -0500, Post Replies Here Please wrote:

> Russell> In the motherboard/CPU combos listed under pricewatch.com,
> Russell> most of the ones with AMD Athlon 64 3800+ processors are
> Russell> clocked at 1.8GHz, instead of 2.4GHz. Is this because of
> Russell> limitations in the motherboard, RAM, cooling, etc.?
>
> Looks like a pricewatch error. Check the motherboard sites for the
> specs.

I think the vendors actually enter it themselves. But I don't see any
speeds listed in any of the listings.

Darth Dionysus
August 1st 04, 09:51 PM
Wes Newell > wrote in
news:[email protected] .net:

>> Russell> In the motherboard/CPU combos listed under pricewatch.com,
>> Russell> most of the ones with AMD Athlon 64 3800+ processors are
>> Russell> clocked at 1.8GHz, instead of 2.4GHz. Is this because of
>> Russell> limitations in the motherboard, RAM, cooling, etc.?
>>
>> Looks like a pricewatch error. Check the motherboard sites for the
>> specs.
>>
> I think the vendors actually enter it themselves. But I don't see any
> speeds listed in any of the listings.

Since 1.8 GHz is the speed for the 2800+, I would say it's probably a typo.

--
Dionysus