PDA

View Full Version : K8N-E SATA Choices - Opinions Please

p00lb0y
July 29th 04, 08:06 PM
Hello all.

I am about to assemble an ASUS K8N-E Deluxe and will have a single 250GB
SATA HDD. There are both nVidia chipset and Silicon Image 3114 choices
on this motherboard. I would like to hear opinions on which will be the
best/most stable choice to which to connect my HDD. I will, of course,
install drivers for the other should I need to move the HDD to a
different channel.

Thanks,

p00lb0y

July 30th 04, 12:26 AM
"p00lb0y" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s04...
> Hello all.
>
> I am about to assemble an ASUS K8N-E Deluxe and will have a single 250GB
> SATA HDD. There are both nVidia chipset and Silicon Image 3114 choices
> on this motherboard. I would like to hear opinions on which will be the
> best/most stable choice to which to connect my HDD. I will, of course,
> install drivers for the other should I need to move the HDD to a
> different channel.

Use the Nvidia SATA as it's native to the northbridge and isn't riding the
PCI bus where it can rob bandwidth from other PCI devices.