PDA

View Full Version : New nForce Unified drivers released (version 4.27)

Russell
July 19th 04, 08:35 PM
FYI. They're at http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

--
Russell Sullivan
http://tastycomputers.com

Ben Pope
July 19th 04, 08:57 PM
Russell" <[email protected]_replace_dot_with_". wrote:
> FYI. They're at http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Cool. Shame though, I just had to wipe out all the drivers and reinstall
them yesterday - think I solved my networking driver reinstall problem
though (that will teach me to try and install the wrong drivers on purpose!)

Ben

Ben Pope
July 19th 04, 10:07 PM
Russell" <[email protected]_replace_dot_with_". wrote:
> FYI. They're at http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Hmm, version 4.27, the version that wants to install the 4.24 directory by
default. The file download that is identical (to the byte) in download size
of the 4.24s. The drivers that contain the exact same file versions as
4.24s. The new drivers that contain the same readme with the same
individual driver versions as the old ones.

The drivers that are the 4.24s. In every way, shape and form, except the
filename.

Guess that was a waste of time then.

If anybody downloads them and finds they have actually been updated, please
let us know.

Ben

Ben Pope
July 19th 04, 10:10 PM
Ben Pope wrote:
> The drivers that are the 4.24s. In every way, shape and form, except the
> filename.

That was the "english" version, now downloading the internationals to see if
thats new (should be, there wasn't an international 4.24).

Ben

Russell
July 19th 04, 10:24 PM
You're absolutely right! I hadn't downloaded them yet, just saw the updated
web page. Looks like they just renamed the main download executable.
Hopefully, the webmaster will be swapping out the old renamed file for the
real 4.27 file sometime today.

--
Russell Sullivan
http://tastycomputers.com

"rstlne" > wrote in message

> "Ben Pope" > wrote in message
> > Russell" <[email protected]_replace_dot_with_". wrote:
> > > FYI. They're at http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
> >
> > Hmm, version 4.27, the version that wants to install the 4.24 directory
by
> > default. The file download that is identical (to the byte) in download
> size
> > of the 4.24s. The drivers that contain the exact same file versions as
> > 4.24s. The new drivers that contain the same readme with the same
> > individual driver versions as the old ones.
> >
> > The drivers that are the 4.24s. In every way, shape and form, except
the
> > filename.
> >
> > Guess that was a waste of time then.
> >
> > If anybody downloads them and finds they have actually been updated,
> please
> > let us know.
>
> Do a checksum comparison on them

Ben Pope
July 19th 04, 11:01 PM
Russell" <[email protected]_replace_dot_with_". wrote:
> FYI. They're at http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

The international ones seem updated.

So grab those.

Ben

rstlne
July 19th 04, 11:10 PM
"Ben Pope" > wrote in message
> Russell" <[email protected]_replace_dot_with_". wrote:
> > FYI. They're at http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
>
> Hmm, version 4.27, the version that wants to install the 4.24 directory by
> default. The file download that is identical (to the byte) in download
size
> of the 4.24s. The drivers that contain the exact same file versions as
> 4.24s. The new drivers that contain the same readme with the same
> individual driver versions as the old ones.
>
> The drivers that are the 4.24s. In every way, shape and form, except the
> filename.
>
> Guess that was a waste of time then.
>
> If anybody downloads them and finds they have actually been updated,
please
> let us know.

Do a checksum comparison on them

Ben Pope
July 19th 04, 11:19 PM
Ben Pope wrote:
> Russell" <[email protected]_replace_dot_with_". wrote:
>> FYI. They're at http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
>
> The international ones seem updated.
>
> So grab those.

Ethernet driver for 32bit is 4.3.3, not 4.4.2 as suggested. The Soft-NPU is
442, whatever that is, doesn't install on an nForce2. Perhaps the NRM
driver for nForce3. Whatever, it seems to work.

So... Audio and Ethernet are updated.

I wonder what the ethernet changes are? I suspect the Audio are the usual
set of game fixes...

Ben

Lord Blue
July 27th 04, 05:30 AM
Plus the nVidia Sound Mixer(great utility for speaker setups)
Lord Blue